Cork Footballers

This is all smoke and mirrors by the county board to shift the blame to the Munster council. It was never going to be in Pairc Ui Rinn. Cork Gave up home advantage when they made Pairc Ui Caoimh unavailable end of. Both Cork Hurlers and footballers should be at home this year and the county board gave it away. Stop our whinging and blaming others its our own fault. As for the Cork Managemnet white flag comes to mind, an awful way to prepare, they will have some job motivating them now, what player is going to believe them now when they say they have a chance. Should have approached the CCB privately if they had an issue which they should have. It should be Pairc Ui Chaoimh or no where. We can only blame ourselves
puic is first and foremost a concert venue,
The huge debt has seen to that.

The venue was informed to the Munster council.m originally in December and confirmed and agreed in the first week of February…….it’s clear this is money, I have to laugh btw at any suggestion Killarney is a better venue, toilets with no roof and the match moved as it has no floodlights either. I also don’t believe the sincerity of our county board who according to some kerry hacks agreed to this last week……unfortunately by this all spilling out in public now the senior management are forced into a very difficult position- say no and I don’t think the Munster council will bend, I could be wrong, say yes and you have a serious issue motivating that squad after being so strong for the last few days about flower lodge and it’ll be an awful hiding down there

The venue was informed to the Munster council.m originally in December and confirmed and agreed in the first week of February…….it’s clear this is money, I have to laugh btw at any suggestion Killarney is a better venue, toilets with no roof and the match moved as it has no floodlights either. I also don’t believe the sincerity of our county board who according to some kerry hacks agreed to this last week……unfortunately by this all spilling out in public now the senior management are forced into a very difficult position- say no and I don’t think the Munster council will bend, I could be wrong, say yes and you have a serious issue motivating that squad after being so strong for the last few days about flower lodge and it’ll be an awful hiding down there
Being penadantic but it’s Pairc Ui Rinn not Flower Lodge

Fundamentally feel for the playing group here, as this is completely down to our own County Board from start to finish. The lads can make a stand, but it's in the back drop of Ed being given priority in our brand new 50k capacity stadium which they'll take the stick for. When Kildare and others were in this spot, they could blame the GAA or provincial councils, but this one is on our own administration for putting the county in an embarrassing position.

Saying that, the pig headedness of the Munster council is yet another example of why the provincial councils need to be killed off. They are a cancer on the proper running of the GAA and a safe house for dipshits.

The GAA generally needs to get a grip on this fixtures nonsense. Other sports don't have these stand offs and continious fuck ups.

Think we have four good forwards to start against Kerry,
Sherlock, Hurley O Mahoney and O Rourke. Dinneen not progressing as i thought he would McSweeny improving but got very little game time in the league
Midfield ok with Maguire and O Callaghan
it's from no 8 back the problems start.
No surprise really, Cork don’t have the luxury of keeping their best backs off the panel and still performing.

You could lose another two or three players if you get demolished in Killarney. This group needs to be kept on the upward trajectory its on and they'd only regress by getting hammered in their backyard. The whole issue is our Footbalkers are once again being sold short but both the County Board and Munster Council. If I was on that panel tomorrow night Id refuse to play anywhere but Pairc Ui Rinn. Give them Kerry animals nothing and make them travel
In fairness are the hurlers not also losing a home game because of the concerts.
The real issue is the mis management of the finances of the redevelopment.
He who pays the piper calls the tune.
That said I hope they do fight it even if the result won't change..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼