Cork Footballers

Don’t understand the whole overreaction about a fella from Kerry being picked for a Cork squad. Didn’t former Kerry minor and u21 star James O’Shea win a Munster title with us in 2002? And I assume there are others who crossed the border also?

The only difference between now and then is that these forums and social media exist, so we get to see irrelevant people complain about fellas getting a chance for Cork.

And if you’re worried about some underage development squad superstar’s place on the team being taken don’t worry, if he is good enough he will get a chance, if not then no loss.

Don’t understand the whole overreaction about a fella from Kerry being picked for a Cork squad. Didn’t former Kerry minor and u21 star James O’Shea win a Munster title with us in 2002? And I assume there are others who crossed the border also?

The only difference between now and then is that these forums and social media exist, so we get to see irrelevant people complain about fellas getting a chance for Cork.

And if you’re worried about some underage development squad superstar’s place on the team being taken don’t worry, if he is good enough he will get a chance, if not then no loss.
Yeah and he was absolutely brutal.

I can’t get over how rattled some fellas are by the prospect of a Kerryman being trialled by Cork.

If he’s good enough and willing to commit what’s the problem? As far as I know he’s never donned the green & gold, he’s living, working and playing in Cork, he could have JBM tattooed on his arse for all we know, it’s not like we’ve parachuted the Gooch and Aidan O’Mahony into the squad.

Ye’ll be asking Tompkins and Fahy for their medals back next…

I can’t get over how rattled some fellas are by the prospect of a Kerryman being trialled by Cork.

If he’s good enough and willing to commit what’s the problem? As far as I know he’s never donned the green & gold, he’s living, working and playing in Cork, he could have JBM tattooed on his arse for all we know, it’s not like we’ve parachuted the Gooch and Aidan O’Mahony into the squad.

Ye’ll be asking Tompkins and Fahy for their medals back next…
It's you getting rattled , we are just making observations. I didn't exile you to this Fine County but listen bigger issues. Both Counties are struggling.

I agree with that. Right or wrong I wouldn't be happy watching a Kerryman in a Cork jersey. I don't think Ricken will pick him either even if he did perform well in the championship. If he was that good Jack O Connor would snap him up as Kerry are low in mid field players just now.
Ricken rang him and has him playing training games already.

So if he’s not good enough for Kerry, he’s not good enough for Cork? You know they beat us by 22 points a few months ago?

Ricken rang him and has him playing training games already.

So if he’s not good enough for Kerry, he’s not good enough for Cork? You know they beat us by 22 points a few months ago?
They sure did and we'll never hear the end of it from 'that crowd'. We'd hope that our new management will be a bit better than that? I can also remember a few lesser lights beating us handy enough under that last sideline team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Seattle Grunge Experience
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼