Bus Connects Plan

Round 2

Round 2
Lots of trees being saved apparently. No doubt the Greens will claim credit for that even though they were the ones advocating chopping them down in the first place!!
Drucker, you're on.....

Its Douglas Road v's Dumplin arrogance

Homeowners on Cork’s Douglas Rd who face losing parts of their gardens, historical boundary walls, and centuries-old trees say they are prepared to fight the BusConnects plan in the courts unless a suitable compromise is found.

Funny, as the NTA have massively comprised on this specific part of the route and saved many a garden from CPO, but for some, if an inch is taken from even one garden, then it's a step too far. Compromise to them is to do nothing and leave them alone, to the detriment of the wider community and its Public Transport needs.

Let's not even talk of the fact that these houses and the people living in them are quite privileged to begin with so I guess they can afford to launch court action.

We will see their power in action now over the coming months, with article after article in The Examiner and The Echo as well as a plethora of councillors being sent into the fight on their behalf.

Too much stick and not enough carrot, Dumplin arrogance strikes again ;

Needs to be done.
Otherwise, a Bus Gate is just a sign that is ignored by motorists and the whole thing falls apart.
There has to be enforcement of Bus Lanes and Corridors, especially at peak times.

The carrot is self-evident. That bus journeys are consistent and quicker than the car.

Needs to be done.
Otherwise, a Bus Gate is just a sign that is ignored by motorists and the whole thing falls apart.
There has to be enforcement of Bus Lanes and Corridors, especially at peak times.

The carrot is self-evident. That bus journeys are consistent and quicker than the car.
But taking the bus is beneath these types of nimbys. Its anathema to them, how dare they be restricted from dropping little Lorcan to school in an SUV.

Edit: Now that I think about it...little Lorcan has probably moved out and all thats left is a road of pensioners living in 6 bedroom houses dead set on maintaining little Lorcans inheritance.

But taking the bus is beneath these types of nimbys. Its anathema to them, how dare they be restricted from dropping little Lorcan to school in an SUV.

Edit: Now that I think about it...little Lorcan has probably moved out and all thats left is a road of pensioners living in 6 bedroom houses dead set on maintaining little Lorcans inheritance.

Agreed.

And in case anyone thinks I am joking about the influence these people will have, this is the person quoted in Da Paper who is threatening court action because the NTA has not bowed down to their will.

Money buys power and influence. Always have and always will, its just some people don't like to admit it or see it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Ar House Ar Fad

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼