2023 Senior A hurling

That makes no sense unless they are big at watching it on tv or something. Mallow are struggling in the 3rd division in soccer.. most Cork towns are above them in the league.. a half dozen towns in the premier league.. even small neighbors Kanturk are a division above Mallow. it’s comparable town size wise in Cork, midleton is currently sitting top of the premier league..
They have two very strong underage clubs with both in the premier division in some age groups. That's two of the top eight teams in the County coming from Mallow. That for me makes Mallow a big soccer town.

The problem with Ballincollig, Mallow, Carrigaline etc is that they’re neither a hurling or a football club. It’s not possible to do both as you climb into the top tiers just look at Douglas. I’d imagine there are some sick genuine hurling men in Douglas today they’re going nowhere. There are some traditional honourable exceptions like Kanturk, Newcestown,etc but they’ll fall by the wayside too usually before county finals. So after minor ( aged 17 ) at a maximum clubs MUST decide on priority to one or the other

They have two very strong underage clubs with both in the premier division in some age groups. That's two of the top eight teams in the County coming from Mallow. That for me makes Mallow a big soccer town.
😂😂😂😂 a couple of kids teams??? Get real..
Mallow are one of the worst town teams in Cork at soccer.. end of….
Mallow are towards the very bottom of the sports table in Cork.. I actually can’t think of a single notable sports person from the place..
Bar the GAA complex which was built by a property speculator (ultimately the Irish tax payer paid dearly for it) there are little or no sports facilities in the place. The GAA complex is starting to look shabby..
As I said, Mallow just not a sports town..
The most famous team or group to come out of the place are The North Cork Malitia… a vile disgusting group of murderous traitors who will forever be the biggest blemish and embarrassment to the Rebel county. Supposedly, their relatives still live round Mallow today..

Mallow are towards the very bottom of the sports table in Cork.. I actually can’t think of a single notable sports person from the place..
Bar the GAA complex which was built by a property speculator (ultimately the Irish tax payer paid dearly for it) there are little or no sports facilities in the place. The GAA complex is starting to look shabby..
The most famous team or group to come out of the place are The North Cork Malitia… a vile disgusting group of murderous traitors who will forever be the biggest blemish and embarrassment to the Rebel county. Supposedly, their relatives still live round Mallow today..
You clearly are not a soccer person and are putting a GAA mindset into how that sport is seen. But drive on, your ability to spew crap about things you know nothing about is highly entertaining.

Many a true word, ancient scribes claim that the militia’s relatives have seeked refuge within the Western Liscarroll Hills. It is said that they lay low there to this day, coming out to hawk on the occasion of a full moon.

You clearly are not a soccer person and are putting a GAA mindset into how that sport is seen. But drive on, your ability to spew crap about things you know nothing about is highly entertaining.
I’ve no problem correcting I’m wrong?
Are Mallow not towards the bottom of Division 3? Please clear up what’s wrong with that?
You are the one that put forward an argument that Malloe is a soccer town which makes no sense to me.
Is there another Mallow soccer team that I’m not aware ?
I don’t recall any notable soccer or sports people from there.. I could be wrong so please list them?

I’ve no problem correcting I’m wrong?
Are Mallow not towards the bottom of Division 3? Please clear up what’s wrong with that?
You are the one that put forward an argument that Malloe is a soccer town which makes no sense to me.
Is there another Mallow soccer team that I’m not aware ?
I don’t recall any notable soccer or sports people from there.. I could be wrong so please list them?
Not everything is viewed through the prism of adult teams, especially soccer. You clearly don't get that but that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The problem with Ballincollig, Mallow, Carrigaline etc is that they’re neither a hurling or a football club. It’s not possible to do both as you climb into the top tiers just look at Douglas. I’d imagine there are some sick genuine hurling men in Douglas today they’re going nowhere. There are some traditional honourable exceptions like Kanturk, Newcestown,etc but they’ll fall by the wayside too usually before county finals. So after minor ( aged 17 ) at a maximum clubs MUST decide on priority to one or the other

Must they ?

Carrigaline and Ballincollig are big parts of the city..
Mallow dwarfs the other county towns you’ve mentioned, I’d say 10 times the size of WGH

On balance both could be described as soul -less clubs, usually the structures behind the scenes are made up of a mixed bag of people from all corners of the country who may not have the best interests of the club at heart. Fans and support levels must be low too, not attractive to promote the GAA

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe in the Power of Rock & Roll? - An Afternoon of Spoken Word with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Woah! Mama!

The Nest at Coughlan's, Today @ 5pm

More events ▼