2023 Premier Intermediate hurling

He can only blow for what he sees. I agree with you on hand passing but we can’t have a situation where throwing the ball isn’t blown back. Otherwise the problem would get much much worse.
No argument there.
Anyway outside of all that it was a very enjoyable game with Doocey for Castlelyons the standout performer for me.

Castlelyons got through by skin of their teeth a few costly misses near the end for Kilworth and a dodgy free for a handpass on 59 mins which turned game in Castlelyons favour. Won't begrudge them they came good when they needed especially Fenton who nailed some huge frees after a lot of misses in first half. Colm Spillane finished very strong too and Doocey was a threat all through. Kilworth were excellent for 55 mins just ran out of steam a bit after that.

Probably should have been more than 3 points, Ballinora being a bit wasteful with Dripsey just running out of steam, that said there’s a few rundowns over in the Junior A thread.

Castlelyons have a month now til Munster, will play either Ferrybank or Crotta O’Neills as far as I can see. Hopefully they have a good run.

Beaten by 3 points i wouldnt say well beaten to be fair
From talking to people at game it was an easy 3 point win. Ballinora won without ever being at their best. Dripsey would be extremely poor even at this level. And with no underage really it's hard to see where they are going long term. Contrast that to Inniscarra who they broke away from, they won the junior B championship before the A final , with their 3rd team. And 30 players togged out. That's the difference there between having an underage supply or not. Dripsey have a number of lads over 40 playing, what happens when they finish up.

From talking to people at game it was an easy 3 point win. Ballinora won without ever being at their best. Dripsey would be extremely poor even at this level. And with no underage really it's hard to see where they are going long term. Contrast that to Inniscarra who they broke away from, they won the junior B championship before the A final , with their 3rd team. And 30 players togged out. That's the difference there between having an underage supply or not. Dripsey have a number of lads over 40 playing, what happens when they finish up.
Ballinora definitely need to up it for the county, been playing in and around third gear the last few games. Dripsey for now are probably still a top 3 side in Muskerry, shows where the rest of the division is at, though they’re definitely going to struggle in the coming years by the looks of it.

Diarmuid O’Riordan scored a goal from centre forward and I reckon he’s around double the age of Shane Kingston who started the game on him. He was even training a Ballinora/Dripsey minor amalgamation back around 09/10.

I’ve a lot of time for Dripsey. Hopefully they can get something together at underage and remain somewhat competitive at Junior A level, cause Muskerry needs competitive sides down there.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Bermuda County Council

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼