2022 Premier Senior Hurling

The Glen as a club were actually founded by lads breaking away from Dillon’s. They’ve kept that tradition going. They see a lad with any of the three clubs I’ve mentioned and they’ll work their magic to try and get him.

No doubt it happens in the Southside too. The Glen don’t officially approach players, they get to them in the schools. They’re a huge club and boys will be swayed but more than most other clubs they make hay with taking the best of talent from their neighbours.
Of course the lads are swayed by the thought of the Glen but the club aren't doing anything official or otherwise to "lure" them. As I'm sure you're aware the Glen are cocky and the attitude has always been "If you want to come to us great but we're not going chasing after you".
On a separate note I still can't figure out why Mayfield and Dillons haven't merged. I live in their "territory" and there's loads of kids floating around but not the resources in either club to harness that.

Of course the lads are swayed by the thought of the Glen but the club aren't doing anything official or otherwise to "lure" them. As I'm sure you're aware the Glen are cocky and the attitude has always been "If you want to come to us great but we're not going chasing after you".
On a separate note I still can't figure out why Mayfield and Dillons haven't merged. I live in their "territory" and there's loads of kids floating around but not the resources in either club to harness that.
Bad will between both clubs. Dillons starting to stand on their own two feet at underage level for the first time in nearly 15 years now. Dillons and Delanys have amalgamated at U13 and plan is to continue that up to minor. I know lads involved and they’re working very well together I hear.

Of course they got to him.
So you don't know how, fair enough, you are lying. Not surprised at all.
They’ve kept that tradition going. They see a lad with any of the three clubs I’ve mentioned and they’ll work their magic to try and get him.

Yet you only name two players over 50 years, where are the rest of these superstars that the Glen got to in schools and made them transfer?

So you don't know how, fair enough, you are lying. Not surprised at all.

Yet you only name two players over 50 years, where are the rest of these superstars that the Glen got to in schools and made them transfer?
Getting a bit touchy there. Don’t like the fact that the Glen are notorious for transferring players in from the 3 clubs i mentioned. Speak to people a generation or 2 older than me and I’m sure they’ll give you more names.

Getting a bit touchy there. Don’t like the fact that the Glen are notorious for transferring players in from the 3 clubs i mentioned. Speak to people a generation or 2 older than me and I’m sure they’ll give you more names.
Touchy? 🤣
I play with trolls and show them up for liars as I just have. Notorious for transferring players from the three clubs yet you named two over fifty years.

Bad will between both clubs. Dillons starting to stand on their own two feet at underage level for the first time in nearly 15 years now. Dillons and Delanys have amalgamated at U13 and plan is to continue that up to minor. I know lads involved and their working very well together I hear.
Have lots of buddies who played for Dillons or Mayfield and there's no animosity there, afaik the bad blood is just between a few of the stalwarts rather than the general club population. I know the girls play footballl for Mayfield & camogie for Dillons so that's a start. Not sure if the geography of Delanys/Dillons will work. Personally I'm a working class Norrie first and a Glen man second so I just want to see as many kids as possible playing our games.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼