2022 Premier Senior Hurling

John Fitzgibbon and Seanie McGrath to name just two.

What about John Fitzgibbon Cranky? Are you really going to complain that he left Brian Dillons to go to the Glen? He was involved in a player swap with Paul Weir going from the Glen to Brian Dillons. The transfer took place when they were both barely into their teens. Paul's father Joe was a very sound guy and a Dillon's man and everybody involved was delighted with the swap.

Or are you the kind of GAA guy who was in favour of what happened to John Fitzgibbon's brother Kieran. A promising young hurler, who'd come up from Lady's Bridge in east Cork and whose family had settled near the campfield, geographically closer to the Glen club than to the Tank Field. Dillons refused to give Kieran a transfer and he had to go through 98 weeks suspension. He went on and won a Senior county with the Glen but lord knows how good a hurler he might have been as well if it wasn't for the bitterness of some in Dillons who'd rather punish a youngster than see him thrive. "If we can't have him, we'll wreck him for anyone else" seems to have been their motto. :mad:

Not what I said bud. I’m sure Ballyphehane, the Lough etc lose players to Nemo and the Barrs

I know that's not what you said. But I was trying to educate you. The Barrs came across and took a northside player who went on and won a couple of counties for them. Was it Ramsey or Cremin that came originally from Dublin Hill but got brought across the river by an uncle and put in a U-14? championship game to tie him up.

What about John Fitzgibbon Cranky? Are you really going to complain that he left Brian Dillons to go to the Glen? He was involved in a player swap with Paul Weir going from the Glen to Brian Dillons. The transfer took place when they were both barely into their teens. Paul's father Joe was a very sound guy and a Dillon's man and everybody involved was delighted with the swap.

Or are you the kind of GAA guy who was in favour of what happened to John Fitzgibbon's brother Kieran. A promising young hurler, who'd come up from Lady's Bridge in east Cork and whose family had settled near the campfield, geographically closer to the Glen club than to the Tank Field. Dillons refused to give Kieran a transfer and he had to go through 98 weeks suspension. He went on and won a Senior county with the Glen but lord knows how good a hurler he might have been as well if it wasn't for the bitterness of some in Dillons who'd rather punish a youngster than see him thrive. "If we can't have him, we'll wreck him for anyone else" seems to have been their motto. :mad:
The 98 week rule is there for a reason. Clubs do not enforce it. The County Board does. Very clear criteria for a transfer to go through. Players should stay with their own club.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼