Search results

1. D

Ulster Bank Downsizing.

Hopefully the people who lose their jobs will find something else. Ulster Bank has plans to close 22 branches across Ireland. The closures will mean 220 redundancies at the bank. These are the branches that will be affected: - Dublin (5) - Dalkey, Donnybrook, Dorset St, Rathmines, and...
  2. D

Electric Picnic 2017

Sold out apparently. First acts announced. Meh at the headliners but a couple of solid acts down the list. The first major line-up announcement has been made for this year’s Electric Picnic, with The xx, A Tribe Called Quest and Duran Duran the respective Friday, Saturday and Sunday...
  3. D

Coastguard chopper missing

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/coast-guard-helicopter-missing-with-four-crew-on-board-35529014.html Hopefully the crew turn up safe
  4. D

La

Will have four days in LA next month. Was there once before with work did not get to see an awful lot of it but it just seemed like a massive urban sprawl. So any tips must sees for me people? Also will probably go elsewhere for a few days. Thinking San Diego or Palm Springs. People have any...
  5. D

Pards gone Bang.

Palace have given him the boot. https://www.balls.ie/football/alan-pardew-sacked/355111
  6. D

Primavera 2017

Line up announced this morning. Not as interesting for me as previous years but more than enough to fill a weekend with.
  7. D

Berlin Station

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Station_(TV_series) Started watching this over the weekend not bad at all. Hadn't heard about it just stumbled on it. Richard Jenkins and Rhys Ifans put in some great performances. Available on showbox torrents etc
  8. D

Top Gear lads Pwnd

Jeremy Clarkson furious after Argentinian airport worker 'kicks him off flight' Chiara Palazzo Former Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson has claimed an Argentinian airport employee stopped him from boarding a flight from Germany to the UK in a "hate crime". The presenter and his two co-hosts...
  9. D

Child abuse in Football

Tough read, ‘I lost my career’ – former pro Andy Woodward opens up on sexual abuse The 43-year-old speaks of the abuse suffered at the hands of former coach Barry Bennell Daniel Taylor It isn’t easy sitting opposite Andy Woodward and hearing, close-up, the unspeakable horrors of his...
  10. D

Carlos Alberto R.I.P.

Another legend of the game has passed away. The former Brazil captain Carlos Alberto has died, aged 72. Alberto was the skipper of Brazil's 1970 World Cup winning side and netted the iconic fourth goal in the final against Italy. The defender won 53 caps for his national team, scoring eight...
  11. D

Moscow Flyer gone bang

The Cheltenham Festival hero saw out his days at the Irish National Stud where he had many visitors The Irish National Stud has announced the passing of the legendary Moscow Flyer at the great age of 22. Owned by Brian Kearney and trained by Jessica Harrington, Moscow Flyer proved a high class...
  12. D

Dalian Atkinson R.I.P.

Skilful player in his time. Awful way to bow out from life Former Aston Villa footballer Dalian Atkinson is dead after being tasered by police By Paul Moore The incident occurred at at 1.30am this morning. Former Aston Villa star Dalian Atkinson has died after being tasered by the Telford...
  13. D

Attempted coup in Turkey

Reports that there is an attempted Military coup in progress in Turkey. Military planes flying over Ankara and military personnel blocking roads. Also reports of bridges into Istanbul being blocked off by the military.
  14. D

News Corp To buy Irish Radio Stations.

A dark day for Irish media. Rupert Murdoch's News Corp is set to buy Wireless Group, which controls a number of Irish radio stations including FM104, Q102 and LMFM. Wireless Group was formerly UTV Media before the sale of its television assets, including UTV Ireland, to ITV. As well as its...
  15. D

Eamonn Dolan RIP.

Pat's twin brother. It is with the deepest and most profound sadness that Reading Football Club regretfully inform its supporters of the passing of Eamonn Dolan, who we tragically lost yesterday evening following a courageous battle against cancer at the age of 48. Our sincere condolences go...
  16. D

Official Euro 2016 thread

Did a search and could not see a tournament thread so said i would start one up. GROUP A Friday, June 10: France v Romania (20:00, Stade de France, Paris) Saturday, June 11: Albania v Switzerland (14:00, Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens) Wednesday, June 15: Romania v Switzerland (17:00, Parc...
  17. D

iPod Classic repair.

Anybody know of any place where i can get an Ipod Classic screen repaired? And any idea of how much it would cost? Thanks.
  18. D

Electric Picnic 2016

Quite decent first batch of acts announced Super Furry Animals Years & Years Todd Terje Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats Animal Collective Gavin James Wolf Alice The Avett Brothers Wild Beasts Glass Animals Jack Garratt Savages Pantha Du Prince presents The Triad Phosphorescent Broken...
  19. D

Log Book replacement for car.

Quick question for those more knowledgeable in these matters. Need to get a replacement log book for car. Have the form filled up. Just want to know if you bring it up to Tax Office do they issue replacement there and then or do you still have to wait for them to post it out? Just be handy to...
  20. D

Cork To USA gone bang.

NEWS: Fly Norwegian are expected to announce the cancellation of the Cork Airport to Boston Logan & Barcelona routes which were due to launch this summer. A route to New York in 2017 was also planned but this will also be shelved. The reason is because the US Dept of Transport have refused...