(19) Sean Powter (Douglas)
(20) Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
(21) David Buckley (Newcestown)
(22) Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
(23) Jack Cahalane (Castlehaven)
(24) Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys)
(25) Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
(26) Steven Sherlock (St Finbarrs)
I have been to every cork game in the past 3 years but I don’t think I can fathom wasting my money watching the same team doing the same thing ….. how more players haven’t walked is beyond me.

Has gore left the panel or dropped even do he was an unused sub last weekend? Don’t blame any fella leaving tbh But perhaps time
For management to reflect perhaps?
The lack of game time for numbers 21,22,23,24,26 is unreal, no effort to actually build a panel, have we ever picked any other player in midfield bar Maguire and o’callaghan for example

Maybe some day and its the hope that kills us but a forward line of David Buckley, Conor Corbett, Hugh O Connor and Cathail O Mahony i would love to see all fit and healthy...add Fionn herlihy, Damien Gore, Blake Murphy etc...will we ever.

Have we only two midfield players in the whole county. Every game, no fault of theirs but christ, experiment a little, god forbid one gets injured.
Well looking at last year's Co. Championships from Premier Senior all the way down to Divisional Junior A I cant think of any outstanding midfielders in the county right now that could make the step up to IC level...alot of teams dont really kick out to midfield anymore so that type of player isn't being developed anymore really...I've said the same thing about Maguire and O Callaghan, one or both of them will get injured soon and then we're in huge trouble

Outstanding young midfielders Daniel O Connell, Brian Hartnett, Jack Lawton, Brian Hayes, Eanna O Hanlon, Diarmuid Phelan ....all underage Munster and All -Ireland medal winners not involved because of other commitments and serious injury .....O Connell and Lawton for me had great potential but sadly serious injurys have curtailed there development.

I am sorry to see Blake Murphy leave the panel. It is hard to blame him though. I cannot understand why he got such little game time. Himself and Conor Corbett have been our best underage forwards of the last 10 years. He should have been nourished and developed into a top class senior intercounty player by now. It is 5 years since he won an All Ireland Under 20 title and 4 years since he was the best player on the field v Kerry in the U20 in 2020. I hope this isn't the last we see of him in a red jersey. It is now looking more likely that we will see a change in management next year or at least the year after. We need a manager to come in and put trust in him and the other good young footballers in our county. He needs to be coaxed and reassured that he will get plenty of chances. He is too good a talent just to dismiss and forget about. To be honest, he should be coaxed back this year but I wouldn't blame him for sitting out the rest of the year even if he is asked back.
Time for some common sense here.

While I don't blame him for leaving the panel, I don't agree with you about his talent. I think we are putting Blake Murphy on a pedastal and I think there is a slight overreaction here.

It must be very frustrating for him and others especially when the management are selecting workers over forwards.

A very good player no doubt but he has been around the senior panel for a nice few years without making the breakthrough. There must be various factors in that, other than just not getting enough minutes.

Cathail O'Mahony has been our best underage talent imo in that period you mention and of that U20 team, Gore, Cronin and O'Mahony were more important, that's my opinion of course.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Joachim Cooder

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼