Cork Footballers

Are you an inside man Joe? Trying to manage expectations?
From the talk round town let’s just say that the team bus will be nearly full by the time it reaches the viaduct.
Heard some shockers of stories over the last 6 months about boys North of the viaduct being called up to trial games, introduced as subs, doubled marked, and taken off again after 15 mins!! That did happen.
What a carry on. Nothing much has changed by the sounds of it.
As other posters talk about, you’ll always get bias. It’s human nature. Or managers preferring the devils they know than the devils they don’t!!
And in the interest of fairness that’s even a criticism some would have made of Billy, our greatest ever. On A marginal call, the Nemo man always got the nod. You even had cork club players transferring into Nemo trying to further their Cork playing chances!
Ffs I'm not going to ask.

No wonder Cork football is fucked.

Moore from Ross was u20 coach when they won the all-Ireland
Go further west for the minors and you have James McCarthy (Coach), Bobby Dwyer (Manager) and Ollie Rue

2 most recent examples

Indeed forgot the minor flash in the pan in 2019 when Kerry were taken out and cork won, I think Dwyer in 5 years at underage never beat Kerry which is some record and of course we had the display of his u20 team vs Kerry last year which was tragic.
Anyway it’ll be interesting who takes over once we are knocked out of the tailteann cup

Indeed forgot the minor flash in the pan in 2019 when Kerry were taken out and cork won, I think Dwyer in 5 years at underage never beat Kerry which is some record and of course we had the display of his u20 team vs Kerry last year which was tragic.
Anyway it’ll be interesting who takes over once we are knocked out of the tailteann cup
The last two U20 sides were decimated with injurys to big numbers of players ....and 2019 Minor was not a flash in the pan.. they won the All -Ireland title how could you call an All -Ireland title q-final, semi final and final how could that be a flash in the pan .....O Dwyer s minors lost one of those Kerry games in extra time and another by a point .....these are all facts.

Is that all you've got?

You've might have noticed that I've also mentioned underage squads. And asked you to explain how West Cork have only 13 titles in 50 years. You cant seem to.
Who was the last man not from west cork to captain the footballers to an all Ireland title ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Pat Carey

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼