Cork Footballers

Shanley would’ve been minor in 2018 which is now 5 years ago. I’m yet to see peet play a good game I don’t know how he’s made it this far. Got roasted in AI Semi and final at minor level.

Not to mind what I’ve seen Jack Cahalane do to him in a few games in West cork.

Daly didn’t play minor for cork he was an extended panellist.

And darragh gough is an ardfield man. No minor for ye this year. The production line seems to be slowing!
Daly played U20 last year, he will start for them this year and will go on to play senior in the next 2 years, mark my words.

The production line is powering up my man, some incredible talent underage in Clon at the moment.

Gough is very much a Clon man now, he opted to pursue club football at the highest level, kudos to him, hopefully Ryan ODonovan will do likewise, I’m led to believe there’s a strong possibility.

T
I’ve nothing against the Barrs they’ve given Clon plenty of good days out😉

Merely pointing out that Clon are by far the longest serving senior club in the county and that we more than played our part in sending the Barrs down to intermediate in 07😂😂.

Dry “em😂😂
Their well dry by the Andy Scannell Cup ya dope. Played yer part in sending the Barrs down, what a statement! Small club mentality in a nutshell

FoxyTravis the gift that keeps on giving 🤣🤣🤣

T

Their well dry by the Andy Scannell Cup ya dope. Played yer part in sending the Barrs down, what a statement! Small club mentality in a nutshell

FoxyTravis the gift that keeps on giving 🤣🤣🤣
Ouch….sounds like someone still hasn’t gotten over the relegation.😂😂

I can’t say I empathise given our position as the longest serving senior team in the county, but I’m sure it was embarrassing for all concerned. Was it up there with this year’s embarrassment against Nemo?

Probably not given ye won the one that mattered to ye a fortnight earlier😉

Nemo 6/4
Barrs 9/4
Haven 5/1
Clon 14/1

Seems to be abit of a gap between the ‘big 4’
We’ve learned not to pay any attention to bookies in Clon given we were 30/1+ the last 2 times we’ve won the county. We measure our position in the top 4 on the talent at our disposal and based on our glorious tradition and past success.

Ouch….sounds like someone still hasn’t gotten over the relegation.😂😂

I can’t say I empathise given our position as the longest serving senior team in the county, but I’m sure it was embarrassing for all concerned. Was it up there with this year’s embarrassment against Nemo?

Probably not given ye won the one that mattered to ye a fortnight earlier😉
They all matter even though we have 36 of them

Longest serving senior club me hole 🤣

We’ve learned not to pay any attention to bookies in Clon given we were 30/1+ the last 2 times we’ve won the county. We measure our position in the top 4 on the talent at our disposal and based on our glorious tradition and past success.
Talent at yer disposal, tradition, past success

Says it all really

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Daly played U20 last year, he will start for them this year and will go on to play senior in the next 2 years, mark my words.

The production line is powering up my man, some incredible talent underage in Clon at the moment.

Gough is very much a Clon man now, he opted to pursue club football at the highest level, kudos to him, hopefully Ryan ODonovan will do likewise, I’m led to believe there’s a strong possibility.

I would take no notice of Conor Daly playing U-20 last year as nearly all the 1st choice probable team were unavailable due to injuries. Darragh O'Mahony started U-20 last year and didn't make the minors previously. Last year's team was very much based on who was available rather than the best team taking to the field. If everyone is available this year and Cork are close to their best Daly will have to prove himself and fight for his place with forwards such as Hugh O'Connor, Colin Walsh, Conor Hanlon and Liam O'Connell all likely to be selected in attack. Richard O'Sullivan played in attack last year but could be in defence in 2023 and Ross Corkery is a serious forward only for his injury problems. Like O'Sullivan the Walsh brothers Fergal and Sean are versatile and could be selected in attack as much as defence. So although Daly is a candidate for attack it is not cut and dried he will start. There is no way Aaron Cullinane will start, I don't expect him to start until 2025 unless there's another injury wipe out.

If the production is really 'powering up' in Clon how come the minors are not playing at the top level?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼