Cork Hurlers - Part 2

One thing about Kingston's red is hopefully it doesn't interrupt the form that he was on. That and not being on the frees. Didn't see enough of him last weekend to see if not being on frees puts him back. Two goals were poacher goals.

This might be petty but aside of being in the right place for both goals and stupidly getting sent of i would say Shane Kingston did almost nothing and i would always prefer him as a sub than a starter.

This might be petty but aside of being in the right place for both goals and stupidly getting sent of i would say Shane Kingston did almost nothing and i would always prefer him as a sub than a starter.
He adds so much pace and his ability to score goals ensures that he keeps defenders pinned back as they can't risk leaving him unmarked.
In general I thought the tactic of two in the full forward line worked well.

The thing I disliked most was the short sideline , it works sometimes but we used it all the time last Sunday and teams will learn to stifle that very quickly.

He adds so much pace and his ability to score goals ensures that he keeps defenders pinned back as they can't risk leaving him unmarked.
In general I thought the tactic of two in the full forward line worked well.

The thing I disliked most was the short sideline , it works sometimes but we used it all the time last Sunday and teams will learn to stifle that very quickly.
The short sideline was because there was no grass . Just sand. Was talking to one of the cork staff after the game and he said that to.me.

Ah cmere. He had to get himself into those positions to be in the right place. Its not luck. Kingston is a goal getter and Cork need fellas like that. Not sure how you can say a forward does nothing but still ends up with 2 goals. There are arguments that Kingston may not always be the best from the start but he is one of our best forwards at the moment and he deserves to start.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Dr Dec and The Side Effects

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼