Cork Hurlers - Part 2

KK should pick the strongest team available as a win and we are guaranteed a place in the semi final and a defeat means we have to beat wexford in wexford and rely on score differences.
I agree. I'd like the strongest team vs Galway as they are a physical side and I'd like to see can lads continue to show the physical edge they had vs limerick.

Then maybe give the panel a run out vs Wexford

I think that is fair, it happened so quickly it is hard to believe it was premeditated
Not sure something has to be pre-meditated for it to be a red card tbh. Guy running through and gets tapped by a hurley from behind draws back with the toe of the hurley and catches the defender full in the face. It's a bit of an instinctive reaction but I think it's reckless and reds are given for it. Cork didn't even get as much as a free for the interference with an opponents helmet (which I think the rules call as a foul and a card). I don't think it even has to be a severe man-handling of the helmet but I'm open to correction by anyone more familiar with the actual rule

Not sure something has to be pre-meditated for it to be a red card tbh. Guy running through and gets tapped by a hurley from behind draws back with the toe of the hurley and catches the defender full in the face. It's a bit of an instinctive reaction but I think it's reckless and reds are given for it. Cork didn't even get as much as a free for the interference with an opponents helmet (which I think the rules call as a foul and a card). I don't think it even has to be a severe man-handling of the helmet but I'm open to correction by anyone more familiar with the actual rule
I am not saying it wasn't a foul or maybe even worth a card.
I am saying it looked very much to me like an instinctive reaction, something that happens all of the time on the pitch.
In this instance I don't think Lynch was guilty of a deliberate foul.

I am not saying it wasn't a foul or maybe even worth a card.
I am saying it looked very much to me like an instinctive reaction, something that happens all of the time on the pitch.
In this instance I don't think Lynch was guilty of a deliberate foul.

That's fair enough but instinctive can at the same time be reckless. And the helmet interference can be dangerous. Hence any interference being considered a red card offence

Of course little Tommy Walshe got away with gentle helmet tipping from behind for years. Premeditated but not dangerous as such and was said to be much of the secret behind the smallest guy on the pitch being able to time his jump just right over a taller (momentarily blinded) opponent. 😇

The downside of having so many good young hurlers coming through is that it is difficult to give them all playing time.
We haven't seen either of the Roche twins involved at all yet , Daire Connery either.
Cormac O Brien is someone who is quietly building up quite a bit of playing time on the pitch as well.
Surprised Declan Dalton not getting a run tbf he's a big strong lad ideal for championship hurling ??

Surprised Declan Dalton not getting a run tbf he's a big strong lad ideal for championship hurling ??

Declan got an injury with his club in the start of November, had to have an operation, isn’t back training yet, so obviously there’s a rehab process here, then there’s getting back onto the field with us, then there’s getting up to match practice so it’ll be a challenge to get back during the league.

KK at the start of Feb ^.

Mentioned it after the first 2 games but Darragh Fitz again was brilliant on Sunday. Great to see the lad getting back to his best. Obviously will need to continue it now and will get more and more difficult for him as his direct opponents get up to speed but great signs for Cork. If he can get back to what we all know he can, it is a massive boost. Loved the physical side to Corks game on Sunday. Appreciate that it wasnt Limerick anywhere near full tilt but quite a few of those lads will be playing come the first Munster game so no harm to put down a bit of a marker that we wont be pushed aside easy this year. In the first half Cork never gave an inch. Kingstons tackle was silly but almost pleased in a way to see it. Too many times Cork would leave a team do to them what Finn did to Kingston and do nothing back. No harm to see a bit of fight back - obviously cant afford for someone like Shane to lose the head like that come the big days though. I know its only the league but I thoroughly enjoyed the game Sunday and some of the stuff played by Cork was great to watch. Now lets keep it going against Galway and Wexford who will be 2 very physical challenges too. Keep the momentum going now all the way.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼