Oasis 1996

I have to agree, very disappointing. Liam just stood there like he was taking a dump. the Prodigy were miles better.

Not having a go lads, but I really can't understand why people are so bothered about lack of crowd interaction. Maybe its beacuse I've been to so many Dylan shows but I think its seriously overrated.

You're there because of the music I presume, not to hear so and so say "We love you Cork" or whatever.

Unless you can sound genuine about it, like The Boss when hes taking to the crowd, it comes off as pointless and fake imo.

Not having a go lads, but I really can't understand why people are so bothered about lack of crowd interaction. Maybe its beacuse I've been to so many Dylan shows but I think its seriously overrated.

You're there because of the music I presume, not to hear so and so say "We love you Cork" or whatever.

Unless you can sound genuine about it, like The Boss when hes taking to the crowd, it comes off as pointless and fake imo.

Fair point, but I remember that gig, and he stayed glued to the spot for most of the gig, hardly even moved at all. Of course the music is first, but it's nice to get something extra also, this is live, not a reproduction of the album. The Prodigy, a band I would never have listened to at that time, made a big impression on me. I had seen Oasis the year before when they supported REM at Slane, it seemed to be better than the Cork gig.

Fair point, but I remember that gig, and he stayed glued to the spot for most of the gig, hardly even moved at all. Of course the music is first, but it's nice to get something extra also, this is live, not a reproduction of the album. The Prodigy, a band I would never have listened to at that time, made a big impression on me. I had seen Oasis the year before when they supported REM at Slane, it seemed to be better than the Cork gig.

I agree, but thats a different matter to crowd interaction imo.

I get your point. Everyones different and likes different things at concerts. Personally, lack of crowd interaction is something thats never bothered me though.

Showing some degree of personality or showmanship should be a given for a live act.
Leonard Cohen being a prime example of how to do it right. I'm not asking for setting fire to guitars but some bit of life is necessary.

That said Liam Gallagher doesn't have a personality so it comes as no surprise that he has all the stage presence of a dead trout.

Dylan is shit live too and so is his performance of the music, interaction or no.

That was a dreadful gig,overhyped,it was also the first time the butchers apron was displayed in a gaa pitch(albeit on a big screen)2yrs after the lands down riot,the height of bad taste,it got the biggest reaction of the day ,a kind of hissing sound,the weather was lovely though

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Perfect Days (Pg)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼