Oasis 1996

For some reason I got it into my head recently that Liam didn't make the second night for some reason.

BUt I think I imagined it, cos I know Noel sings a few of the songs anyway.

Ah the memories. Got the bus down from Tralee for this back in the day, having queued from 5am in Roxy Records for tickets. Its hard to explain to younger wans just how big Oasis were at the time. Crazy it was.
Of course, there was also the small matter of the Prodigy supporting them..who actually stole the show I thought....

I remember a few older heads supplying a few shnakey cans of Harp I think it was..it was a fierce warm day and there was a huge crowd around the Washington st area I remember. Great memories.

For some reason I got it into my head recently that Liam didn't make the second night for some reason.

BUt I think I imagined it, cos I know Noel sings a few of the songs anyway.

that was in the point a few years later he didnt make it.
have the Pairc Wednesday night on vhs. wasn't really impressed by them at it, they have some great stuff though.

Yup, Thought they were shit , no crowd interaction whatsoever. Finished my interest in em.

Wasnt into the Prodigy at the time but they blew them off the stage.

Why hasn't there been a large gig like this in the Parc in years? Actually i think that Oasis concert was probably the last big gig down there if i'm not mistaken. Is it because the place has been declared a death trap? (which it is). Another Hillsborough waiting to happen.

I'd imagine health and safety has as lot to do with. Dealing with the CCB is probably something promoters can't be arsed with either.

I was already fed up with them by that point and also more of a blur fan, so i wasn't tempted to get one of the many buses organised from down west, heading up. All the same, if i knew it was going to the last gig there(besides one Féile) for 16 plus years, I would have tried to go.

was there on the 15th...got the leaving cert results that morning and was locked by the time we got into the pairc...was wasted for bootleg beatles and Prodigy but sobered up for Oasis...thought they were good but nothing special!!..great day out though

Myself and my friends were all 16/17 for this. I recall it was one day where getting served in any bar in town was no issue at all, fake ID or not. I remember having a few in Billy Morgan's, then down to the Black Bush (now the Oliver Plunkett) and the walk down to the Pairc soaking it all up. Great times.

Official after-party was on in the Isobar that night (part of The Mardyke complex). Only notables who showed up were Leroy from the Prodigy and Shaun Ryder, then of Black Grape.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼