Your Mental Health

Not in a great place at the moment - but moving ever onward
Sorry to hear Procna, if it’s only light depression make sure you are doing some of the basics to help it.
Good diet, exercise, take vitamin d if you are rarely outdoors, try to connect with friends and get your sleep in. Try meditation, can really help.
Ease off the gatt if it’s not helping.

And remember as sure as winter turns to spring your life will go in an upwards direction again. This shit can come to anyone’s door at anytime.

If it’s more than light depression definitely consider talking to someone.

One of the lesser known side effects of the meds is that you can experience feelings of euphoria or start having "grand ideas", an example of this would be if a Man Utd fan started a course of anti depressants and begin to think that his team were premiership title contenders and that the good times were back. Should this happen to you seek help immediately.

I must say, it's fucking nice to finally be facing into spring - winter always a rough time for me, but this one hasn't been the worst thankfully......tore ligaments in my ankle in November which left me idle for nearly 5/6 weeks, and exercise is a major part of my 'therapy' - swimming and cycling the last few weeks again and fitness levels starting to pickup again!

Keep fighting the good fight folks!

One of the lesser known side effects of the meds is that you can experience feelings of euphoria or start having "grand ideas", an example of this would be if a Man Utd fan started a course of anti depressants and begin to think that his team were premiership title contenders and that the good times were back. Should this happen to you seek help immediately.
That’s quality banter, it really is.

:lol!:

You bum.

Not feeling great. The blood pressure meds are knocking me out. I wanted to roast a chicken but too tired plus I have a job to hold down.
Sick of this shit.
Hope it gets better for you. Maybe when the summer comes it may get easier to get out and about for some air. Medication can have awful side effects and it's not good when sleep is deprived. It's a vicious cycle. I'm a pretty poor sleeper because of blood pressure tabs also and I'm shattered by day and wide awake at night with anxiety of the job. The only time I get a good night's sleep is when I'm totally exhausted from not sleeping !!

Insomnia, sleeping too much at other times, brain shocks, trouble concentrating, erectile dysfunction, trouble peeing, waking up with a mouth like sandpaper, loss of apetite are a few I can remember, but some of those could also be part of the depression (Fairly sure the brain shocks, ED and the peeing were a direct result of the medication though)

I agree. I can't remember exactly how long, but it was a long time between drinks for me. Despite brain fog and the horribleness of depression I just remember instinctively knowing drink was the last thing I needed.

I don't know how someone with depression and alcohol addiction would cope tbh.
Those brain shocks are horrendous an awfully terrible feeling. I notice it when I've missed or delayed in taking the meds. Funny thing is I feel in great form beofre that and then suddenly crash. To be honest I do have a few drinks and don't know if they help or hinder, but probably hinder. I've been on antidepressants for years and had to go on bp tablets becuase they affected my bp and that in turn has put pressure on the kidneys, according ot the doc. All the physical problems cuased by the mental one!

Exactly, you have to work at it too. Thing is though, I was so far gone I needed the tablets to pull me back so I could do some work (I never want to go there again, that's for sure)

Agreed.
Thing is be it lack of mental health education or shame or whatever a lot of people still don’t know where to turn unfortunately when things go bad. I needed hospitalization and meds to get me through a bad period.

Education of mental health is really important and can save lives and a lot of unnecessary pain but still only a token amount is invested in this which is sad situation.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joachim Cooder

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼