Went up a mountain yesterday..

That Knockadoon walk is very exposed to the elements on a bad day. If you carry on the cliff walk past the signal tower you'll arrive, after about 20 mins, to Glenawilling beach. It's tiny and raw. I've seen a few hardy people swimming there but I'd say it's dangerous enough.

You can also drive down a very narrow road to it but parking is very tight at the side of the road. There's a very unusual feature there, I don't know if a person or people did it but it's a very elaborate stations of the cross for such a remote, off the grid place.

Glenwilling2.jpg

Glenwilling1.jpg

That Knockadoon walk is very exposed to the elements on a bad day. If you carry on the cliff walk past the signal tower you'll arrive, after about 20 mins, to Glenawilling beach. It's tiny and raw. I've seen a few hardy people swimming there but I'd say it's dangerous enough.

You can also drive down a very narrow road to it but parking is very tight at the side of the road. There's a very unusual feature there, I don't know if a person or people did it but it's a very elaborate stations of the cross for such a remote, off the grid place.

View attachment 13112

View attachment 13113
Must try that cliff walk sometime, I’d say you get great views.

Last pic is kinda spooky.

@Heraldo @Lee Bushwacker
Have done both ridges and both can feel ok/daunting - depending on how your feeling etc..
We crossed over the Cuumeenapeiste ridge on that Reeks hike too that day (between cruach mor and the big hug).. wasn't a bother on me.. whereas when I did it 1st I felt a bit wobbly..
Have done Beenkearagh a few times.. was fine one day - jelly legs another (was taking too many pics and got discombobulated)..
Swings and roundabouts..

@Stromovka thats the Padre Pio Shrine I was talking about - weird out.. met the guy responsible for it.. lovely chap but ekk.... OTT.. fanatical to say the least.. I dare not take pics of it.. dunno why - just felt a bit disturbing..

@Stromovka thats the Padre Pio Shrine I was talking about - weird out.. met the guy responsible for it.. lovely chap but ekk.... OTT.. fanatical to say the least.. I dare not take pics of it.. dunno why - just felt a bit disturbing..
I never clicked. Glad I didn't meet him, seems a bit "extreme". Although it's very professionally done with waterproof information signs etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼