VMWare - Ballincollig

Word is that the Irish operation is dead in the water. They are voting this week on employee reps. The cushy American multi lifestyles are coming to an end. Imagine any tech people you know getting involved in union politics. My information is that the few senior people left want to exit with the best package possible any talk of trying to retain any jobs is a forlorn hope.

Word is that the Irish operation is dead in the water. They are voting this week on employee reps. The cushy American multi lifestyles are coming to an end. Imagine any tech people you know getting involved in union politics. My information is that the few senior people left want to exit with the best package possible any talk of trying to retain any jobs is a forlorn hope.
Chip on your shoulder over some people having good multi-n jobs perhaps?

So how many jobs are likely to be gone in Cork ?

So how many jobs are likely to be gone in Cork ?
as far as I can tell that’s not clear yet. Maybe not that many in the short term. But over the next year or so quite a lot. 300 ish ?
high hopes that most will be on transition for the next while. not quite sure what that means.

I'd assume it's pretty challenging environment for VMware now anyway, middle ware is dead, public cloud providers are winning to battle to provide compute etc for model training etc.. but you'd imagine most will be highly employable. and there are many remote and hybrid jobs out there requiring very little attendance

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fred's Battle of the Bands Heat 5

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼