VMWare - Ballincollig

Hi all,

Had a sort of head hunting mail from these today.
Anyone have any idea what they're like to work for ?
Or what sort of state they're in at all ?

May be a golden opportunity to come back to the banks,
Or is this really a shitty time to be in Ireland?

Thanks in advance
JJP

I can't comment on VMWare, but regarding being back in Ireland...

If you have a job it's way better than it was 5 years ago. House prices are lower and general prices are lower. Yes, taxes have gone up, but they were probably unsustainably low anyway.

Depending on where you've been, you will have a few other bills - most notably health insurance.

But like I said, so long as you have work, there's little wrong with being in this country at the moment.

Great company to work for. Great benefits/perks. Great people. They are one of the fastest growing software companies in the world( they have offices everywhere in the world). Shares have doubled in the past few months. Big company at the moment but will be HUGE in a few years time.

What area are you in may I ask

Great company to work for. Great benefits/perks. Great people. They are one of the fastest growing software companies in the world( they have offices everywhere in the world). Shares have doubled in the past few months. Big company at the moment but will be HUGE in a few years time.

didn't think they had any decent development going on in ballincollig though? maybe im wrong?

Thanks Pat,
I'm in sales so going on the post above this, this may be worth researching.
Thanks also for the general run down on how things are i nthe country at present.
I've been here in the UK for ...about 12 years now.
I'd be bringing back a few souvenirs , Namely 2 kids and a wife.
So it'd have to be a good package to lure them away from her family and closer to mine.
Thanks for the input though all, I think I will give them a bell.

I know VMWare as an entity is huge, and the push for virtualisation is only going to make them bigger but it was the office I wondered about which you seem to have addressed Pat.

Thanks again
JJP

Thanks Pat,
I'm in sales so going on the post above this, this may be worth researching.
Thanks also for the general run down on how things are i nthe country at present.
I've been here in the UK for ...about 12 years now.
I'd be bringing back a few souvenirs , Namely 2 kids and a wife.
So it'd have to be a good package to lure them away from her family and closer to mine.
Thanks for the input though all, I think I will give them a bell.

I know VMWare as an entity is huge, and the push for virtualisation is only going to make them bigger but it was the office I wondered about which you seem to have addressed Pat.

Thanks again
JJP

Just to finish that, yeah the sales department is growing every day. New sales people starting every week from all over Europe. Would be a great company to get into. Obviously a huge and tough decision given your situation.

Good luck with it anyway man

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Grace Wood
Arty's Bar, Ballincollig, Cork

26th Oct 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Two Time Polka

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼