The Rich ARE getting richer

Indeed...lots of politicans are...The guy O Kiely who likes to paint over the victorias signs has a huge house on Beaumont in Blackrock...worth at least 1 million.

MM between assets and pensions is worth about 2.5 M

Former politican Kathleen Lynch has a huge pad on patricks hill..worth at least over i million.

Tommy Goulds 2 properties and his CMP pension would get him up to the million mark before we consider the TD stuff.

Prenderville and Coogan are both paper millionaires
Where is Lynchs huge pad on Patrick's Hill?

You know for years it was argued that if we raised our corporation tax all the apples, Google etc would up sticks and leave.

Then we were kind of shamed into doing it, and no one left. Every Nordic country has a corporate tax rate of over 20%.

They seem to be doing okay.
the Oxfam article was talking about Irelands individual 17 billionaires as opposed to corporation tax. The topic of discussion was a wealth tax on individuals that does not exist in most of our neighbors except a few. Why do so many Belgians of a certain standard up sticks and move their operations to the Netherlands?

The education and expertise of the Irish work force is worth more to the Intels and Pfizers of this world than a 2.5% hike and run off to Albania for lower wages.

Corporate tax ...yes...wealth tax ..no

Milliionaires abd billionaires worked hard for their wealth..its their property.

THEY OWN IT....THE LIBERALS/WOKE WANT IT
So how does that work exactly? Does a millionaire work 100 times harder than, say, a busboy? Does a billionaire work 1,000 times harder than a millionaire? Would you work twice as hard as you do now if your salary was doubled? Does your boss know that you are only working at half speed?

Yes thats what i took from out you quote 2 countries that are economic basket cases.

Like it or not those who create wealth create employment. Tax them to the hill and they will up sticks go somewhere else.
Yeah. I remember when all those billionaires left New York, London, Paris, Tokyo etc and moved to low tax, low regulation Mogadishu.

Right?

No, any property tax would be universal and the wealthy would be forced to pay a lot more while those on lower incomes/smaller homes would be exempt anyway and any idea that taxing the handful of people earning over €50 million that would solve a problem is just fanciful.

If I was earning €50 million I would just buy a €20 million property (No annual tax payable) to avoid your tax anyway.
It's populist clap trap from the lefty headaballs who have no concept of the movement of cash or wealth, pensions or investments. Basic economics.

the Oxfam article was talking about Irelands individual 17 billionaires as opposed to corporation tax. The topic of discussion was a wealth tax on individuals that does not exist in most of our neighbors except a few. Why do so many Belgians of a certain standard up sticks and move their operations to the Netherlands?

The education and expertise of the Irish work force is worth more to the Intels and Pfizers of this world than a 2.5% hike and run off to Albania for lower wages.

There was a guy on from Oxfam this morning saying that if Ireland had an incremental wealth tax of 1%, 2%, and 5% that it could raise between 7 and 8 Billion peranum.

There are more than a thousand people in Ireland on 50Million or more. There must be tens of thousands who are Millionaires

It's populist clap trap from the lefty headaballs who have no concept of the movement of cash or wealth, pensions or investments. Basic economics.

Who knew that the Oxfam spokes people are just "lefty headaballs who have not concept" of Basic economics and just come out with "populist clap trap" :rolleyes:

I think that everybody recognises hard work....no matter what their job is.

The only difference really between the bussperson and buisnessman is say..education..oppurtunity..risk and ability to take that risk....and lets be honest here..a fair bit of luck.

Look at prenderville..he came from nothing..no qualifications...fair play to him.

Coogan...son of a desk guard..some BS degree from UCC..he also did well.

Prenderville may be a millionaire, there's no way he's worth over 50Million or anything even remotely like it

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Pa Mulqueen - Limerick

The Pav, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼