The Rich ARE getting richer

I'm sure when The Fields first started to be sung at Munster matches there were fans who couldn't understand it, "shur Athenry isn't even in Munster like!", Stand Up and Fight only came into the equation in the late 90's/early 00"s, again I'm sure there was some scratching of heads.
All traditions start somewhere, this is a new one that they are trying to start. You could even argue that Zombie has more relevance to Munster rugby (given the band are from Limerick) than a song about a town in Connacht or a song taken from an Opera with no relevance to Ireland, let alone Munster.

Personally I like it, it struck a chord that day in the Aviva, the tone of the song fits well and there is the obvious Limerick connection. I hope it sticks.
Fuck Stade Limerique.
Fuck Munstershire.
That dirge is probably most relevant to the moronic brain dead ZOMBIES who drive 100 fucking kilometres up the road to watch their “local” team playing “at home.”

Shower of bandwagon jumping muppets being scammed by Limerick mucksavages.

Bring back The Railway Cup is what I say.

Fuck Stade Limerique.
Fuck Munstershire.
That dirge is probably most relevant to the moronic brain dead ZOMBIES who drive 100 fucking kilometres up the road to watch their “local” team playing “at home.”

Intense. You need to finally pop your cherry m8. If all else fails, try go fund me.

Fuck Stade Limerique.
Fuck Munstershire.

I'm no fan of the Limerification of Munster Rugby but what do ya mean "bandwagon jumping"? I can remember following Munster when it was cash at the gate and the attendances would barely reach four figures even in Thomond Park. And there are plenty more like me who've been following Munster rugby through thick and thin for decades. With people growing old, and Munster becoming more and more about Limerick I grant you the makeup (not cross dressing) of those following Munster is inexorably changing, but we're still not all a shower of bandwagon jumpers. And it's been a long time since Munster won silverware so even the newbies aren't bandwagon jumpers

I'm no fan of the Limerification of Munster Rugby but what do ya mean "bandwagon jumping"? I can remember following Munster when it was cash at the gate and the attendances would barely reach four figures even in Thomond Park. And there are plenty more like me who've been following Munster rugby through thick and thin for decades. With people growing old, and Munster becoming more and more about Limerick I grant you the makeup (not cross dressing) of those following Munster is inexorably changing, but we're still not all a shower of bandwagon jumpers. And it's been a long time since Munster won silverware so even the newbies aren't bandwagon jumpers

Look: I get it, you love Limerick. Maybe you should marry it. But it's still shit. And Munstershire, Stade Limerique, or whatever the fawk this Rogby professional franchise is called is a scam. Cork Con, Highfield, Dolphin, Sundays Well, etc., are Cork rogby clubs, Trying to cobble together a "province" in order to compete with CIties like Béziers, Montpellier, Sale, Biarritz, etc., on the basis of population size is ridiculous. Maybe Béziers, Montpellier and Narbonne should amalgamate as well, and call themselves "Languedoc."

Hopefully the bubble has burst and this bullshit will fizzle out soon,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼