The Official Tennis Thread

Jesus, I saw that exact same tweet, but it wasnt written by that guy (or maybe it was and the other fella just robbed it).

Never realised people copy and paste well written well thought out tweets and pretend they're their own so much.

If I see something I really like and think it makes a good point I retweet it.

What a shitshow from the Australian government. Imagine having to live there at the moment, now onder they are losing their collective shit. When to comes to leadership, Scott Morrison makes our Leo look like Winston Churchill.

The five players already in Australia with an exemption must be fearing a knock on the door from the feds, but I'm sure they will fine.

Regardless of what decision they (they now being the Border Force rather than the independent medical experts) make with Djokovic, this tournament has the potential to unravel fairly quickly.

Already 12 positive cases amongst vaccinated players in Melbourne, two weeks before a ball is hit in anger. This is only a couple of weeks after a similar Expo event in Abu Dhabi, where 8 of the 10 players tested positive. If people want to know what a real super-spreader tennis event looks like, check that out and the case numbers in UAE.

Tennis Australia knows that their draw would turn into a farce if they carried out daily testing. So it's only two tests in your first six days after arrival, and then nothing, which makes no sense if public health is your primary concern.

FIXfYbiXwAoYU6U

What a shitshow from the Australian government. Imagine having to live there at the moment, now onder they are losing their collective shit. When to comes to leadership, Scott Morrison makes our Leo look like Winston Churchill.

The five players already in Australia with an exemption must be fearing a knock on the door from the feds, but I'm sure they will fine.

Regardless of what decision they (they now being the Border Force rather than the independent medical experts) make with Djokovic, this tournament has the potential to unravel fairly quickly.

Already 12 positive cases amongst vaccinated players in Melbourne, two weeks before a ball is hit in anger. This is only a couple of weeks after a similar Expo event in Abu Dhabi, where 8 of the 10 players tested positive. If people want to know what a real super-spreader tennis event looks like, check that out and the case numbers in UAE.

Tennis Australia knows that their draw would turn into a farce if they carried out daily testing. So it's only two tests in your first six days after arrival, and then nothing, which makes no sense if public health is your primary concern.
C'mon Shez, regardless of the shit storm now, he is an idiot for not getting vaccine.

C'mon Shez, regardless of the shit storm now, he is an idiot for not getting vaccine.
He was medically cleared to play. Plenty of people I know don't want to be vaccinated. I work with some every day in an office environment, that's their choice. It's not of my business once they socially distance, wear masks, etc.

This a a slippery slope when federal government are over-ruling medical experts. Australia fucked up their Covid policy for two years. The public wanted a scapegoat and their PM saw an opportunity to enhance his public standing.

News now breaking that his visa is cancelled, so that's that.

Once Med wins it out, it's not the end of the world. 21 can wait until Wimbledon. Just hope there is another documentary in the pipeline.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼