The Official Tennis Thread

Ruud gave it a good shot for a while breaking Rafa's serve twice but he is not at this level-hope I am wrong but i doubt we will see him in a GS final again, the bottom half of the draw was quite weak once Tsitsipas was beaten.

Venus finished 4 straight seasons in the top 10 from 2007 - 2010. The next three years (2011 - 2013) she ended OUTSIDE the top 20.

In the beginning of 2014, she was 33 (going on 34) and had not won a GS in 6 years. But then she had 4 consecutive top 20 finishes (2014 - 2017), including 2 top 10 seasons.

During those years, what was her best chance to win an 8th Major?

My top 5 choices:

2014 Wimbledon - Lost to Kvitova in the 3rd round. Only person to take a set off Kvitova.

2015 US Open - Lost to Serena in the QFs. Would have faced Vinci in the SFs and Pennetta in the final. She had won her last meeting against Pennetta and would win her next two against Vinci.

2016 US Open - Lost to Pliskova in the 4th round. Held match point against eventual finalist. Was playing brilliant tennis.

2017 Wimbledon - Lost to Muguruza in the final. Had set point in the first set. Defeated Muguruza later in the season.

2017 US Open - Lost to Stephens in the SFs. Was two points away from reaching the final using these equipments. Defeated Kvitova in the QFs.

Missed the list:

2015 Australian Open - Lost to Keys in the QFs. Led by a break in the third set. But Serena was winning this one regardless.

2016 Wimbledon - Lost to Kerber in the SFs (4-6, 4-6), but this one was between Kerber and Serena in my opinion.

2017 Australian Open - Reached the final. Lost to Serena.

Venus finished 4 straight seasons in the top 10 from 2007 - 2010. The next three years (2011 - 2013) she ended OUTSIDE the top 20.

In the beginning of 2014, she was 33 (going on 34) and had not won a GS in 6 years. But then she had 4 consecutive top 20 finishes (2014 - 2017), including 2 top 10 seasons.

During those years, what was her best chance to win an 8th Major?

My top 5 choices:

2014 Wimbledon - Lost to Kvitova in the 3rd round. Only person to take a set off Kvitova.

2015 US Open - Lost to Serena in the QFs. Would have faced Vinci in the SFs and Pennetta in the final. She had won her last meeting against Pennetta and would win her next two against Vinci.

2016 US Open - Lost to Pliskova in the 4th round. Held match point against eventual finalist. Was playing brilliant tennis.

2017 Wimbledon - Lost to Muguruza in the final. Had set point in the first set. Defeated Muguruza later in the season.

2017 US Open - Lost to Stephens in the SFs. Was two points away from reaching the final using these equipments. Defeated Kvitova in the QFs.

Missed the list:

2015 Australian Open - Lost to Keys in the QFs. Led by a break in the third set. But Serena was winning this one regardless.

2016 Wimbledon - Lost to Kerber in the SFs (4-6, 4-6), but this one was between Kerber and Serena in my opinion.

2017 Australian Open - Reached the final. Lost to Serena.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼