THE Official Cricket Thread

By a few former press boys who were too fairy for rugby and a few prods. To be honest most people who play it in ireland are making a cultural statement more then anything else. Just like your good self.

I take it you tried the game once but found the task of having to concentrate for more than a few minutes too much.
I understand old chap.

Cricket: Eoin Morgan remains on course to become the latest Irish cricketer to feature in the Ashes after being named in England’s 16-man squad for the series against Australia later this year.

The Dubliner, who has yet to fully prove himself at test level, is by no means a certain starter but his stellar form in the limited overs format guaranteed his inclusion in the squad itself.

Four Irish-born players have previously played for England in the series, three of them between 1878 and 1908. Martin McCague - born in Co Antrim, raised in Australia and capped by England – was the last ‘Irish’ player to feature when he played in 1994.

I take it you tried the game once but found the task of having to concentrate for more than a few minutes too much.
I understand old chap.

Cricket: Eoin Morgan remains on course to become the latest Irish cricketer to feature in the Ashes after being named in England’s 16-man squad for the series against Australia later this year.

The Dubliner, who has yet to fully prove himself at test level, is by no means a certain starter but his stellar form in the limited overs format guaranteed his inclusion in the squad itself.

Four Irish-born players have previously played for England in the series, three of them between 1878 and 1908. Martin McCague - born in Co Antrim, raised in Australia and capped by England – was the last ‘Irish’ player to feature when he played in 1994.

More like five fucking days, any game that takes that long to play out is by definition boring. Cricket: the menstrual cycle of the international sporting world.

More like five fucking days, any game that takes that long to play out is by definition boring, Cricket: the menstrual cycle of the international sporting world.

But you're unemployed.
You have all the time in the world on your hands.
Perhaps you might be better seeking out gainful employment than wasting your time on here complaining about a sport you've never played.
By the way, are you simply a bitter old pug because you're jobless or perhaps did your attitude get you the sack in the first place ?

So what about all the match fixing.

Yes, unfortunate business.
It's a sub-continent thing where illegal gambling is huge and many player come from poor backgrounds so the ability to bribe them is easy.
It's a shame because Pakistan are great cricketers but I suppose there are rotten apples in every barrel.
Fortunately this latest scandal is about spot-fixing rather than match-rigging.

But you're unemployed.
You have all the time in the world on your hands.
Perhaps you might be better seeking out gainful employment than wasting your time on here complaining about a sport you've never played.
By the way, are you simply a bitter old pug because you're jobless or perhaps did your attitude get you the sack in the first place ?

Actually back in education. I was wondering how long before you had to make it personal. Cant defend the sport on its own right.:lol!: :lol!:
cricket-fail.png

Actually back in education. I was wondering how long before you had to make it personal. Cant defend the sport on its own right.:lol!: :lol!:
cricket-fail.png

Education ?
So not actually working.
When I was a student I had lots of time on my hands because I found the Degree work so easy.
Politics, English and Economics.
But only a 2:1 I'm sorry to say.

Yes, unfortunate business.:lol!:
It's a sub-continent thing:lol!: where illegal gambling is huge and many player come from poor backgrounds so the ability to bribe them is easy.
It's a shame because Pakistan are great cricketers but I suppose there are rotten apples in every barrel.
Fortunately this latest scandal is about spot-fixing:lol!: rather than match-rigging.

Your still a dirty paddy to the queen in spite of your aspiration to britishness

Education ?
So not actually working.
When I was a student I had lots of time on my hands because I found the Degree work so easy.
Politics, English and Economics.
But only a 2:1 I'm sorry to say.

I have a degree as well but mine isnt a fantasy like yours :lol!:
Aiming towards getting a h-dip.
All of this of course still doesnt take away from the rigged boredom that is cricket

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼