THE Official Cricket Thread

Congratulations to Eoin Morgan after being picked for the England side touring Australia for the Ashes this winter.

Morgan is an Irish sporting great after fighting his way to the top of the English game with glorious stroke-play and an ice-cool temperament.

To be playing in the most celebrated fixture in the second most popular sport on the planet is a fantastic achievement.

Of course, to the eternal shame of this country his success is hardly ever applauded even though third-rate and third place boxers receive a hero's welcome.

What a joke of a sport. Its even more of a joke that it need a west brit irishman to make the country that invented it competitive.
If they were playing an international out my back garden i wouldnt even look out the window.

What a joke of a sport. Its even more of a joke that it need a west brit irishman to make the country that invented it competitive.
If they were playing an international out my back garden i wouldnt even look out the window.

Men hitting a small ball with a stick - no, hang on a minute that's hurling.
Millions of men hitting a small ball with a stick all over the planet watched by millions of others.
Yup, we got there eventually.

Yeah if we were a bunch of drug pushing colonial bastards they would be playing hurling instead. To be honest just because a sport is widespread doesnt make it better or even worthwhile in its own right. The spread of cricket had more to do with politics colonialisim and the climate of the countries it spread to more then any aesthic beauty in the game.

Yeah if we were a bunch of drug pushing colonial bastards they would be playing hurling instead. To be honest just because a sport is widespread doesnt make it better or even worthwhile in its own right. The spread of cricket had more to do with politics colonialisim and the climate of the countries it spread to more then any aesthic beauty in the game.

2-3 billion fans of cricket worldwide suggests you might be a tad wrong on this one old bean.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Crash Test Dummies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼