The Official Celtic Thread

Celtic are away to Ross County in the League Cup tomorrow night. Not a foregone conclusion by any means and with players wanting to mind themselves with one eye on the match against The Old Firm F.C. ;) on the weekend I hope we don't slip up. An early goal by us could settle some nerves but I expect RC to "get in about us" and there could well be some knocks. Hopefully we'll emerge with a victory and a clean bill of health.

I don't think there's much danger of players looking to mind themselves for games against fake rangers and Real Madrid. Ange won't tolerate that sort of attitude. He did indicate that he might make a few changes. I gotta be honest, I'd welcome that. Bring GG, Ralston and Siegrist in, who all need game time. If we can get up in the game I'd like a bit longer to look at the Argentinian kid.

Nick Walsh has been appointed to ref the Celtic match against the huns. It seems that the huns have never lost a league match he's reffed 14 games of which they've won 12 and drawn 2. He works at Boclair Academy as a PE teacher working with youngsters from The Rangers FC youth team. Seems a very bizarre appointment to ref such an important game involving TRFC, a team for which his father is also a Season Ticket holder btw. As the song goes "THAT's why we're 'paranoid' "

Nick Walsh has been appointed to ref the Celtic match against the huns. It seems that the huns have never lost a league match he's reffed 14 games of which they've won 12 and drawn 2. He works at Boclair Academy as a PE teacher working with youngsters from The Rangers FC youth team. Seems a very bizarre appointment to ref such an important game involving TRFC, a team for which his father is also a Season Ticket holder btw. As the song goes "THAT's why we're 'paranoid' "
Just cos you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they're not out to get you 😉

I wasn't expecting that. 9 chances to the team that won 9-0 and we come away with a 4-1 win away from home.

McGregor, GG, Maeda and Forrest.

Poor goal to lose but overall, the performance of a second string was pretty impressive.

I wasn't expecting that. 9 chances to the team that won 9-0 and we come away with a 4-1 win away from home.

McGregor, GG, Maeda and Forrest.

Poor goal to lose but overall, the performance of a second string was pretty impressive.

It was a poor goal to lose right enough. I think it was Welsh got caught under the ball. And our keeper had to pull off another good save. It wasn't as comfortable a win as it could have been given the first half hour but I think their goal stung us into upping the urgency again.

The new lad Hacksbanovic? looked very impressive when he came on. Very good going forward and not a bit selfish.
We've great wide-men now which made me all the more anxious when GG went down heavily but thankfully he's looked to have shaken it off.

We also seem to have a very decent bench. From the team that started against DU to the one that started last night there were 20 different players without any noticeable weakness, though Welsh is probably 4th choice centreback alright.

Not a huge fan of Maeda's work so far this season but he had lightning reactions for his goal - defenders won't get a moments rest having to guard against that. Liked Calmac a little further forward with Mooy minding the house. Cal is great as an outball to retain possession and for a quick deft forward pass to unlock a defence before they're set.

I see that Forrest, despite his detractors, has now scored for Celtic in 14 consecutive seasons. 14!
He's also very close, think just 2 goals short, to scoring 100 goals and already has over 100 assists. There's only two others in Celtic's history with 100+ goals and 100+ assists, Jinky and Henke.

It was Starfelt that got caught under the ball. He had just come on.

Hacksaw looked very lively for those 15 minutes. He really looks like he could fit in easily.

I know what you mean about Maeda although his reactions weren't quick for his goals. He was already on the move, which is even better. He's incredible.

Forrest is just shy of the 100 assists. I was just saying how he looks totally done when he slotted in the 4th..... I've no problem looking stupid like that.

Not seen any very last day transfer confirmed though we're supposedly in for a Forrest defensive midfielder - Abildgard (sp?). Looks like a replacement for Nir Biton. Tall and can put in a tackle. Certainly think it's an area we are light in.

Mikey Johnston at long last sent out on loan - to Vitoria Guimaraes in Portugal. And Ajeti was sent to a Swiss team I think.

Abildgaard officially announced

And despite sending him out on loan to Portuguese League apparently Celtic have given Mikey Johnson another year contract extension. That boy must really really impress at training, cause he's done precious little in competitive matches since breaking into the first team back in the 2016/17 season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼