The Official Celtic Thread

Back to shite again. 0-0 Vs St Mirren. Too many changes and no strikers.
Huffed and puffed against a 2nd or 3rd string saints due to covid.
If there is any upside, it should hammer home the need for more recruitment urgently as panel is threadbare.
I guess also not losing is a good thing as we knew we'd have bumps along the way and last year would probably have lost it.
Feb 2nd old firm is now critical so we need out jota kyogo etc back plus more, but think Japan and Australia have key qualifiers around then so hope that doesn't hurt us.

Thought we were well in control yesterday and thankfully Abada converted a couple of chances, but Starfelt did what Starfelt does and coughed up a goal due to his complete arrogance on the pitch playing a pass that was easily intercepted.

Rogic was immense again yesterday and will definitely be a miss if himself and Kyogo are away on international duty.

Barkas, the 3M Greek international keeper has slipped to 4th in the keeper pecking order apparently. That's some fall from grace but in fairness he did OK. Back three of Welsh CCV and Starfelt, kept the latter's influence to a minimum and Juranovic (who I think is over-rated by many) did well as right wing-back but bear in mind the opposition of StJ

Hopefully we will get in some quality and are linked with a couple from the Japanese league. We especially need a big mobile striker as well though. Can't think of anyone in the SPL outwith the The Rangers who'd be a good acquisition for the team apart from Ferguson of Aberdeen in midfield - hopefully Broony has been educating him and luring him away from the dark side ;)

Looks like Turnbull will be out for up to two months with the hamstring injury. If Nir Bitton is available to play in midfield it could let Cal Mac get a little further forward so it mightn't be too big a loss hopefully.

Worrying the way so many of our squad are going down with Hamstring injuries. Is Ange pushing them too hard in training or is there something amiss with Strength and Conditioning or what? :unsure:

It could just be plain old bad luck. I've listened to loads of theories on it and I'm still none the wiser.

17 players out the other day for one reason or another. There has to be some reason for it. I've heard Dembele is back training and that we are in talks to make CCV permanent.

CCV has been the rock of our defence this season imho. He's got a hump on his back from carrying Starfelt who somebody seems to have convinced is a ball-playing centrehalf. First duty of a centre-half is to defend, and unfortunately Starfelt seems to cough up at least one goal chance a game these days. CCV is a no-nonsense kinda guy who is able for the physical but can read the game and has some pace too. I fear though trying to purchase him from Spuz on even approaching EPL squad prices could prove too expensive for us.

It could just be plain old bad luck. I've listened to loads of theories on it and I'm still none the wiser.

17 players out the other day for one reason or another. There has to be some reason for it. I've heard Dembele is back training and that we are in talks to make CCV permanent.
An option to buy was part of his loan agreement.
It's a strange one, reportedly they could have permanently signed him for around 6mill instead of a loan deal (that cost 1.8 mill)now it seems it's going to be upwards of 10 mill. Sill think it would be a good signing like I said when he joined.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

29th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Strangeways Club Night*

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼