The Official Celtic Thread

Well... where do you start with that?

Starfelt sent off for having the temerity to complain about getting elbowed in the face. One foul a few minutes later (in my estimation not a yellow... but I would say that) and that was that.

The ref waved off a stonewall penalty in the 5th minute of injury time. I was ready to bitch about that when Ralstondinho rose to head the winner... jubilant scenes
I'm sure there'll be someone here who doesn't even watch Celtic will try to assure us again that we're paranoid about the officiating :rolleyes:
Yet another important stonewaller not given, and as you say Starfelt getting booked because the ref didn't stop the game on an obvious head injury is a joke. But it can't be appealed because the ref brandished two yellows, clearly seething over having the correct rules of the game pointed out to him.

Ralston has improved out of all recognition this season. From a guy who was just a stop gap he's become a permanent fixture. Still prone to the odd defensive error but he brings a hell of a lot more this season going forward and his never-say-die attitude is just what is needed. Pops up occasionally with the odd important goal too. Captain material when CalMac gets rested.

Must see if I can find the online article that the Scottish Mail ran about Celtic dropping points last night in the title race. Their correspondent was overly eager to print the bad news and looked a right mug after the late late goal and victory :lol!:

Does it have to be a conspiracy for certain refs to favour one team and not another?

Is it a conspiracy for instance when a particular ref in his last three matches where he has reffed The Rangers FC has sent off opposition players in each match? 3 in 3 and I think it may now be as many as 5 in his last 7? Two of the three reds were harsh to say the very least. This is a guy who coincidentally teaches in the school where the TRFC academy students attend. Or that certain refs don't seem to award stonewall penalties to Celtic at crucial times in games? And yet when Celtic recently benefited from one tight offside call the head of referees came out and gave interviews in the press about it. Complete radio silence about many incidents, including Goldson's clear handball not being given against Hearts, since.

Certainly there are incompetent refs out there but when you see the trends like how many times red cards are given to opponents of one team, given to members of another team, how many penalties are/are not awarded at crucial times, even the number of times players of a particular team don't get sent off but are found guilty subsequently and suspended, all combined do give one reason for pause I think.

And of course the bias in the reportage bubbled to the surface for all to seen when the Mail ran the story about Celtic dropping points when they actually hadn't.
Could you imagine it happening in England? I certainly couldn't and if it did I think there'd be multiple references to it and the journo/paper in question issue all kinds of apologies.
And then particular commentators saying Celtic should be censured for those idiots who invaded the pitch for the late late celebration of Ralston's goal being the same ones explaining that when The Rangers fans do it it's just an understandable expression of relief.

Not saying it's a deliberate conspiracy, but I do think there's a certain frame of mind prevalent in Scotland that you don't see south of the border, in soccer or in general society. Say what you will about the English but I think in general they have an inherent sense of "fair play" by comparison.

That's fair enough.

It's likely that nobody is conspiring. There's certainly a conscious or unconscious bias in play.

Ange has decided to keep his mouth shut about officials. That's ok. The club has shown it is entirely impotent in addressing anything at all. It seems this is no different.

The wife tells me I'm taking the kids to a pantomime tomorrow.

"Oh no I'm not"...

Turns out I was wrong. I'm going to the pantomime....:(

Does it have to be a conspiracy for certain refs to favour one team and not another?

Is it a conspiracy for instance when a particular ref in his last three matches where he has reffed The Rangers FC has sent off opposition players in each match? 3 in 3 and I think it may now be as many as 5 in his last 7? Two of the three reds were harsh to say the very least. This is a guy who coincidentally teaches in the school where the TRFC academy students attend. Or that certain refs don't seem to award stonewall penalties to Celtic at crucial times in games? And yet when Celtic recently benefited from one tight offside call the head of referees came out and gave interviews in the press about it. Complete radio silence about many incidents, including Goldson's clear handball not being given against Hearts, since.

Certainly there are incompetent refs out there but when you see the trends like how many times red cards are given to opponents of one team, given to members of another team, how many penalties are/are not awarded at crucial times, even the number of times players of a particular team don't get sent off but are found guilty subsequently and suspended, all combined do give one reason for pause I think.

And of course the bias in the reportage bubbled to the surface for all to seen when the Mail ran the story about Celtic dropping points when they actually hadn't.
Could you imagine it happening in England? I certainly couldn't and if it did I think there'd be multiple references to it and the journo/paper in question issue all kinds of apologies.
And then particular commentators saying Celtic should be censured for those idiots who invaded the pitch for the late late celebration of Ralston's goal being the same ones explaining that when The Rangers fans do it it's just an understandable expression of relief.

Not saying it's a deliberate conspiracy, but I do think there's a certain frame of mind prevalent in Scotland that you don't see south of the border, in soccer or in general society. Say what you will about the English but I think in general they have an inherent sense of "fair play" by comparison.
This essay was brought to you courtesy of the taxpayer expense.
But but the refs. You are a parody.
😂

Oh my word, Kyogo again. Came from a very soft free-kick, bloody referee conspiracy.

Edit....Hibs denied blatant pen in the last minute of normal time, that damn referee conspiracy again.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼