The Official Celtic Thread

Duffy fell on his @rse for thinking like that. A 7 that thinks they're a 9 become a 5. Starfelt is the latest to show such a "I'm really too good for this league" attitude, despite getting caught out time and again.
CCV keeps it simple and sticks to his primary role.
*yawn* I never said the players thought that, it was my opinion of the league. By the way I told you Starfelt was a shite signing from day 1.

*yawn* I never said the players thought that, it was my opinion of the league. By the way I told you Starfelt was a shite signing from day 1.

Well you were clearly wrong with your "He did very well last year with Bournemouth in the Championship, the SPL is a stroll in the park after that" remark. It doesn't work like that which we've seen in a number of cases.

I won't criticise from the start a player I don't know, nor will I praise him to high heaven. I prefer to make up my own mind with the evidence of my eyes.

I think CCV is a hard working "do the basics right consistently" defender who realizes his primary job is defense. He enjoys the physical exchanges and for a well built guy he's quite fast. Starfelt had a shakey start, improved for a while, and then seemed top get it into his head that he was better than he actually is. And as a result is coughing up chances. And he doesn't relish the physical challenge that is more prevalent in the SPL than the likes of the EPL.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/202...vers-striker-johnny-kenny-set-to-join-celtic/ Sligo Rovers striker Johnny Kenny is set to complete a move to Scottish giants Celtic. The 18-year-old scored 11 goals in the SSE Airtricity Premier Division last season to help Liam Buckley's side finish in third place. He made his first appearances in a Republic of Ireland shirt later in the year and made an electrifying start to his international career, notching in three consecutive Under-19 games as the Boys in Green reached Elite Phase Qualifying in the European Championships. Kenny had the choice of two clubs in Scotland after initial interest from Hibernian, with the player pictured watching their first-team in action at Easter Road earlier this month. Celtic moved ahead of the Edinburgh side last week to secure the Sligo striker's services. The fee is €150,000 as per a release clause in Kenny's contract at his hometown club. Sligo could benefit further from the transfer after negotiating adds-on based on future performance. He will be the latest recruit by Celtic from the League of Ireland after Liam Scales moved from Shamrock Rovers last August. Scales, 23, has already broken through at first-team level for Ange Postecoglou’s side but Kenny may have to bide his time at Parkhead and go on loan to a lower league club.

Sligo Rovers striker Johnny Kenny is set to complete a move to Scottish giants Celtic.

The 18-year-old scored 11 goals in the SSE Airtricity Premier Division last season to help Liam Buckley's side finish in third place.

He made his first appearances in a Republic of Ireland shirt later in the year and made an electrifying start to his international career, notching in three consecutive Under-19 games as the Boys in Green reached Elite Phase Qualifying in the European Championships.

Kenny had the choice of two clubs in Scotland after initial interest from Hibernian, with the player pictured watching their first-team in action at Easter Road earlier this month.

Celtic moved ahead of the Edinburgh side last week to secure the Sligo striker's services.

The fee is €150,000 as per a release clause in Kenny's contract at his hometown club.

Sligo could benefit further from the transfer after negotiating adds-on based on future performance.

He will be the latest recruit by Celtic from the League of Ireland after Liam Scales moved from Shamrock Rovers last August.

Scales, 23, has already broken through at first-team level for Ange Postecoglou’s side but Kenny may have to bide his time at Parkhead and go on loan to a lower league club.

Soz for the double posting. Didn't think the first one had gone through.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Brian O Broin

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼