The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Have you watched a replay of it?

No way could he got his head down to that in time, not sure he could’ve chested it either, felt it was too low for that too.

I did, the deflection happened quickly but the ball was looping at a pretty slow pace.

There was enough time for a head or a chest down if he moved his feet faster into the flight path of the ball.

But he chose to focus on the spot where the ball was going to land, rather than taking it out mid-flight.

That's not the fundamental mistake here though. Once you make that decision you need to think about who might be in that drop zone...and what the implications of a wild swing might be.

I agree with you on the awareness thing although in such a frantic match I can see why it happens. Like with Raya I was like “what the hell were you thinking” but with the Rice penalty I just wrote it off as one of those things that can happen

Classic example of being caught in two minds on what to do with the ball and ended up doing neither. It happens.

buT hE fInIsHeD 8tH whEn hE sTArtEd wITh A sHiT sQuAd :lol!: :lol!:

The lad's amongst the best 5 managers that graced the PL but some dumb fecks would want you to believe he's shit :lol!:

GMRJLQrW4AEl2J5

no m8 - you're putting words in my mouth

I didnt state he is one of the best managers that graced the PL, i said his record 'so far' puts him amongst the best managers that have graced the PL.

He'll be considered one of the greats if he wins multiple titles and continues all the amazing work he's done since joining Arsenal.

My point was to highlight how great a job he's done so far, getting to 100 wins quicker than Arsene and marginally behind blue nose....this doesnt suit the Agua boy agenda though, i can appreciate that.

Got it?

IMG_3765.jpeg

Me trying to find the words “so far” in original post.

Ffs Marco, you’d months to compose that and you made a man’s ass out of it.

Have you watched a replay of it?

No way could he got his head down to that in time, not sure he could’ve chested it either, felt it was too low for that too.

I agree with you on the awareness thing although in such a frantic match I can see why it happens. Like with Raya I was like “what the hell were you thinking” but with the Rice penalty I just wrote it off as one of those things that can happen
yeah, Rice's been formidable this season i won't hold it against him too much...what surprised me was the ref not giving it straight away...he was very well positioned, don't understand how he needed VAR to make that call...

These 20 minutes of Spuds pressure were a direct result of Raya's fuck up tbh, if he didn't kick that ball straight to Romero i'd have expected Arsenal to bang the 4th in before Spuds even got on the scoresheet.

Go to give him plenty credit for finding his composure again and be pretty much perfect for the remainder of the game and collecting plenty crosses under pressure....had Ramsdale been in the same position (costing his team a stupid goal) I think he could well have dropped another clanger and cost Arsenal 2 points.

Last edited:
yeah, Rice's been formidable this season i won't hold it against him too much...what surprised me was the ref not giving it straight away...he was very well positioned, don't understand how he needed VAR to make that call...

These 20 minutes of Spuds pressure were a direct result of Raya's fuck up tbh, if he didn't kick that ball straight to Romero i'd have expected Arsenal to bang the 4th in before Spuds even got on the scoresheet.

Go to give me plenty credit for finding his composure again and be pretty much perfect for the remainder of the game and collecting plenty crosses under pressure....had Ramsdale been in the same position (costing his team a stupid goal) I think he could well have dropped another clanger and cost Arsenal 2 points.
Raya was very commanding after his mistake . I agree with you that Arsenal probably would have got the 4th and even a 5th if raya hadn't gifted that ball as spurs heads were just about to go .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼