The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

What’s the laundry list? Davies comes in from the side as he’s about to boot it away.
He can’t head it or realistically leave it bounce in that area for fear of losing possession.

1. He could've headed it. It was looping high. He could've read the flight of the ball & moved forward to head it.
2. He had enough time to chest it down & drive out of the box (...wouldn't be my 1st choice, but it would get it out of the box at zero risk of a pen. He might even draw a foul himself)
3. If he decided against either of the above, he had more than enough time to follow the pitch of the ball and be sufficiently close to it when it lands that it would be tough for Spurs to get away a clean shot

He created the problem for himself by not having sufficient awareness of who will be occupying that space just inside the box. Not saying it was easy to deal with btw. There's a lot happening and you need to make a quick decision - but you only take a monster swing at a ball in that situation if you are sure the path is clear.

In such a scenario, options 1, 2 or 3 are all much better (+ lower risk) options to deal with that situation.

The lad's amongst the best 5 managers that graced the PL

I'd read that as MikOle is in the top 5 managers ever to manage in the EPL. How the fuck else are you supposed to read it?

Upside down? Right to left? It still says the man with no EPl titles is an all time great.

The lad's amongst the best 5 managers that graced the PL

I'd read that as MikOle is in the top 5 managers ever to manage in the EPL. How the fuck else are you supposed to read it?

Upside down? Right to left? It still says the man with no EPl titles is an all time great.

:lol!:

Philleas returns and from the duty free he brought the biggest self pwn of the year.

no m8 - you're putting words in my mouth

I didnt state he is one of the best managers that graced the PL, i said his record 'so far' puts him amongst the best managers that have graced the PL.

He'll be considered one of the greats if he wins multiple titles and continues all the amazing work he's done since joining Arsenal.

My point was to highlight how great a job he's done so far, getting to 100 wins quicker than Arsene and marginally behind blue nose....this doesnt suit the Agua boy agenda though, i can appreciate that.

Got it?

No, I'm taking what you actually said at face value.

"The lad's amongst the best 5 managers that graced the PL"

I get now that you probably didn't mean to phrase it in such a general sense as you did.

Also, I don't have any Agua Boy agenda btw.

1. He could've headed it. It was looping high. He could've read the flight of the ball & moved forward to head it.
2. He had enough time to chest it down & drive out of the box (...wouldn't be my 1st choice, but it would get it out of the box at zero risk of a pen. He might even draw a foul himself)
3. If he decided against either of the above, he had more than enough time to follow the pitch of the ball and be sufficiently close to it when it lands that it would be tough for Spurs to get away a clean shot

He created the problem for himself by not having sufficient awareness of who will be occupying that space just inside the box. Not saying it was easy to deal with btw. There's a lot happening and you need to make a quick decision - but you only take a monster swing at a ball in that situation if you are sure the path is clear.

In such a scenario, options 1, 2 or 3 are all much better (+ lower risk) options to deal with that situation.
Have you watched a replay of it?

No way could he got his head down to that in time, not sure he could’ve chested it either, felt it was too low for that too.

I agree with you on the awareness thing although in such a frantic match I can see why it happens. Like with Raya I was like “what the hell were you thinking” but with the Rice penalty I just wrote it off as one of those things that can happen

No, I'm taking what you actually said at face value.

"The lad's amongst the best 5 managers that graced the PL"

I get now that you probably didn't mean to phrase it in such a general sense as you did.
you do realize the chart/stat is about how quick managers reached 100 wins and has nothing to do with their overall legacy/achievements?

This suggests El T is doing something very right and the club's in good hands

Also, I don't have any Agua Boy agenda btw.
oh, i know that

you do realize the chart/stat is about how quick managers reached 100 wins and has nothing to do with their overall legacy/achievements?

Yes, that was very clear.

But what muddied the waters was the way you stated that Arteta was top 5 in a very general way - not in the very specific 'first 100 wins' sense.

This suggests El T is doing something very right and the club's in good hands

Agree.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼