The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Yep, ye'd probably have the league wrapped up if ye have a world class striker.

Instead, Havertz. Bad bad mistake.
Still in with a shout but its a very long shot i know , as for Havertz hes a good team player but probably wasnt needed at the time , jesus is another who runs all day ,defends well but wont get enough goals Saying all that the Arsenal have scored the most goals in the league but we definitely needed an out and out striker in a few games this season .

Still in with a shout but its a very long shot i know , as for Havertz hes a good team player but probably wasnt needed at the time , jesus is another who runs all day ,defends well but wont get enough goals Saying all that the Arsenal have scored the most goals in the league but we definitely needed an out and out striker in a few games this season .

I think its been a pretty poor league this year.

Liverpool are no great shakes and City had De Bruyne out for half the season and Haaland missing for 7 weeks. It was there for Arsenal.

Last season was a complete f*ck up from Arsenal,they should never have lost the league from the position they were in. Getting in the players he wanted last summer you'd think there would have been a response this season. If anything they've looked worse tbh.

Xhaka lifting the league trophy in Germany this evening. Big question marks over Arteta's judgement.

I think its been a pretty poor league this year.

Liverpool are no great shakes and City had De Bruyne out for half the season and Haaland missing for 7 weeks. It was there for Arsenal.

Last season was a complete f*ck up from Arsenal,they should never have lost the league from the position they were in. Getting in the players he wanted last summer you'd think there would have been a response this season. If anything they've looked worse tbh.

Xhaka lifting the league trophy in Germany this evening. Big question marks over Arteta's judgement.
Not sure I agree with you on it been a poor league but the beauty of English football is the unpredictability of results .man city will win their last 6 games and win the league by 6 points more then likely as the are the best . As for xhaka winning the league been poor judgement by arteta I would disagree, rice was bought in to replace him and is a better all round player imo. And been a point behind city with 6 games to go is hardly Arsenal looking worse then last season . But the league table and facts will show that once again teams can't cope when city put on the pressure and that will fall back on the manager ...
As for arteta he will have the full support of the majority of Arsenal fans no matter what happens as I think getting rid will have no positive action on this team for next season.

Not sure I agree with you on it been a poor league but the beauty of English football is the unpredictability of results .man city will win their last 6 games and win the league by 6 points more then likely as the are the best . As for xhaka winning the league been poor judgement by arteta I would disagree, rice was bought in to replace him and is a better all round player imo. And been a point behind city with 6 games to go is hardly Arsenal looking worse then last season . But the league table and facts will show that once again teams can't cope when city put on the pressure and that will fall back on the manager ...
As for arteta he will have the full support of the majority of Arsenal fans no matter what happens as I think getting rid will have no positive action on this team for next season.

We will agree to disagree there. The English press talk about Rice like hes a rugby player, 'winning the physical duels', all this kind of bollocks. At the end of the day Xhaka imo is a far better footballer. £105 million for Rice, who is limited was barmy.

Whatever about that argument, £65million for Havertz was lunacy. He couldnt hack it at Chelsea and they decided he was the man to transform their fortunes.

Its little surprise to anyone that theyve been found wanting, again.

He’s talking out his hole as usual.

It’s been a way better league this season as evidenced by more competition for the top 5 spots. Just cause United were dogshit doesn’t mean it was a poor league.

And using Xhaka winning a league (who wanted to return to Germany) as some measure of Arteta’s judgement will tell you the levels he’ll go to for a “win”. :lol!:

He’s talking out his hole as usual.

It’s been a way better league this season as evidenced by more competition for the top 5 spots. Just cause United were dogshit doesn’t mean it was a poor league.

And using Xhaka winning a league (who wanted to return to Germany) as some measure of Arteta’s judgement will tell you the levels he’ll go to for a “win”. :lol!:
Agreed. United are brutal so it’s a bad league apparently.

3 teams fighting it out the top, on course to hit around the 90 point mark or a bit less. That’s a very high standard. What more do people want in terms of judging a league as being bad or good?

And two of those threee teams beaten today unexpectedly so the surprise streak is still very much a part of the PL!

We will agree to disagree there. The English press talk about Rice like hes a rugby player, 'winning the physical duels', all this kind of bollocks. At the end of the day Xhaka imo is a far better footballer. £105 million for Rice, who is limited was barmy.

Whatever about that argument, £65million for Havertz was lunacy. He couldnt hack it at Chelsea and they decided he was the man to transform their fortunes.

Its little surprise to anyone that theyve been found wanting, again.
Rice is a fine player but as much as I will back any Arsenal player I do agree that havertz wasn't the player that was needed at the time but even he isn't as bad as people on here seem to think he is . But the money would definitely have been better spent elsewhere.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ward
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼