The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Villa kicked our holes in the 2nd half, could’ve been a different story if we took our chances in the 1st half. Fair play to Emery, got his tactics bang on.

Not sure why Arteta stopped playing Kiwior and Jorginho, both those players were vital in our 10/11 wins. Zinchenko makes me nervous everytime he plays.

Because hes shit m8.

You can buy into this PRocess nonsense all you like but hes been massively backed and has only delivered huge chokes come business time.

Time to stop throwing good money after bad and get in a proper manager. If ye throw enough money at Unai he might have ye back

20240414_204020.jpg

Villa kicked our holes in the 2nd half, could’ve been a different story if we took our chances in the 1st half. Fair play to Emery, got his tactics bang on.

Not sure why Arteta stopped playing Kiwior and Jorginho, both those players were vital in our 10/11 wins. Zinchenko makes me nervous everytime he plays.
The one mistake Arteta made today, and hindsight is a great thing, is that he moved Havertz back into mid and lost the control of the middle of having someone like Jorginho alongside Rice. The game showed more signs of chaos as a result. I know he would have wanted to rest Jorginho so should have started Partey instead and put Havertz up front.

Hindsight of course,

They played superbly second half when they played out and were more brave on the attack. Got lucky to make it to half time being ahead despite Watkins hitting the post but they outplayed Arsenal in the second half and that does not happen much.

Watkins is a great striker. There’s not much he can’t do. Leads the line really well. When Villa execute their game plan well, they’re a match for anyone. City played a depleted Villa recently.

It’s amazing to look at the table and still think it feels like it’s over. Says more about City than anything else.
There's 115 reasons that helped Man City build a squad that never looks tired or short of options.

Those charges will be absorbed into this new luxury tax once its voted in you can be sure and the clubs with bottomless pockets will pay their way around any historical FFP breaches.

I thought Arsenal and Liverpool both looked knackered today...especially Arsenal in the second half who continued to press Villa and leave spaces in the middle of the pitch which Villa took advantage off.

Torres must have found Watkins feet 5 or 6 times alone after Arsenal were out of shape after chasing Villa's back 4 like their favourite Labrador.

Villa were superb second half. Arsenal had nothing in the tank imo.

Man City are in the groove now...plenty of rotation and using that deep squad very well.

Liverpool look completely bollocked at the moment. Tired mentally as much as physically. United really did a number on them 😳

The one mistake Arteta made today, and hindsight is a great thing, is that he moved Havertz back into mid and lost the control of the middle of having someone like Jorginho alongside Rice. The game showed more signs of chaos as a result. I know he would have wanted to rest Jorginho so should have started Partey instead and put Havertz up front.

Hindsight of course,
Agree 100%, lost a lot of control from the changes he made.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼