The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the alternative to FF/FG is a Sinn Fein led government then many voters will choose to stick with the two established mainstream parties.

I don't think SF have the slightest notion of how they will deliver on the wild promises they have been making while in opposition, even if they did have a plan it would have to involve increased taxes on middle Ireland and that cohort, who have never had it so good as they do now, would rather keep things as they are than have to fork out to pay for increased spending on ambitious public housing programs etc.

There's always been an element of "I'm alright Jack" about FG voters, a soft budget next Autumn will help smoothe things over for an election this time next year, they will want to let the new leader bed in aswell over the next year and I wouldn't surprised if Si Harris and Helen McEntee are the two who slog it out for the top job, Heather Humphries is not a serious contender imho, she's too rough around the edges.

Last edited:
Irish politics is completely bollocksed if some useless article like Harris can get the top job.

It sounds like hes bought off the FG TDs required. Poor old Paschal thought he was getting the IMF gig and has been caught cold.

Id be expecting a general election sooner rather than later.

If the alternative to FF/FG is a Sinn Fein led government then many voters will choose to stick with the two established mainstream parties. I don't think SF have the slightest notion of how they will deliver on the wild promises they have been making while in opposition, even if they did have a plan it would have to involve increased taxes on middle Ireland and that cohort, who have never had it so good as they do now, would rather keep things as they are than have to fork out to pay for increased spending on ambitious public housing programs etc. There's always been an element of "I'm alright Jack" about FG voters, a soft budget next Autumn will help smoothe things over for an election this time next year, they will want to let the new leader bed in aswell over the next year and I wouldn't surprised if Si Harris and Helen McEntee are the two who slog it out for the top job, Heather Humphries is not a serious contender imho, she's too rough around the edges.
Jesus Christ Rox. How old are you?

Jesus Christ Rox. How old are you?
By middle Ireland I mean people who are home owners with plenty of disposable income to throw around on big cars, fancy holidays and so on, we're living at a time when a top of the range SUV costs upto 200k and they are selling at that price, the amount of 241 vehicles on the road alone will tell you that there is serious money splashing around the economy, that demographic are not going to vote for "change", sure, they are progressive on social issues but at heart they are neoliberals.

I'm the much same age as the rest of the bluffers on here and certainly younger than Sumspacer & Soundman.

Irish politics is completely bollocksed if some useless article like Harris can get the top job.

It sounds like hes bought off the FG TDs required. Poor old Paschal thought he was getting the IMF gig and has been caught cold.

Id be expecting a general election sooner rather than later.

Harris is uninspiring but if his main rival is McEntee then it's there for the taking imho.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼