The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah stop - it has nothing to do with ourselves alone or republicanism or nationalism.

It's about doing what everyone else is doing and not self-flagellating ourselves to be the best in the climate change class and give ourselves a million attaboys when it damages our economy and we are not infrastructurally ready for it. Winning the climate change gold star when people are being killed on the N20 for decades. Stopping turf cutting, stopping oil and gas exploitation, when the Norwegians are opening new wells all over the world and no one says "baaaddddd Norwegians".
Pushing us into EV while adding carbon taxes and the VRT on them so the cost is exorbitant and the only place that has anything like the number of chargers we would need is Dublin. Happily burning carbon to put in Metrolink in Dublin cos it's ok as long as it is in Dublin but a flyover in West Cork - no culchies must suffer.
Everyone else has oil, gas, renewables as well as nuclear?

We are at the end of a very long pipe from Putin or Mohammed. (Unreliable despots) and high fossil fuel energy is damaging our economy right now.

No point having an "economy" if the island is flooded.

I am sure that there is a program of EV chargers from Electric Ireland and Private operators on the go right now and continuing to use inefficient smoky turf in 2022 is just mad.

Helen mcentee says govt are seeking advice from att gen on a winter ban on evictions, If it happens i hope exceptions will be made for those who refuse to pay
or who engage in anti social behaviour,
Mcentee says they are mindful that an eviction ban could see landlords leave,

Helen mcentee says govt are seeking advice from att gen on a winter ban on evictions, If it happens i hope exceptions will be made for those who refuse to pay

Of course it will.

They want to implement a system where people can simply stop paying their rent and remain in a property.

Why would ANYONE leave themselves open to this.

No wonder so many landlords are just selling up or just leaving the house or apartment empty and thus adding to the problem of lack of supply.

We do not have proper competition now in the banking/mortgage sector as it is almost impossible to get the property back from a mortgage holder as we all pay higher interest rates as a result.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Aidan Killian - Comedian

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼