Speed Traps in Cork

Yup it's def 50 there, I passed it again this morning. Very small sign on the right hand side of the road....was being blocked by traffic when I passed it yesterday evening and there's none on the left lane.
Safer to assume its 50 I guess anyway

Got caught there a few years back and the Guard told me that the 50km zone starts outside by Silversprings so once you have seen that sign you are to be aware that you are in that zone the smaller ones are just reminders, there's no need even for the Council to put them up they are just being courteous by having them there.

Got caught there a few years back and the Guard told me that the 50km zone starts outside by Silversprings so once you have seen that sign you are to be aware that you are in that zone the smaller ones are just reminders, there's no need even for the Council to put them up they are just being courteous by having them there.

100% Correct there .

100% Correct there .

I did make every effort to try to plead ignorance to the Guard to save myself €80 and 2 penalty points but in fairness I was doing 75 in 50 so I had no arguement and to give him credit he was a decent fella just doing his job. As he said to me if it was busier with traffic I probaly wouldn't have reached 75

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Frank and Walters
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼