Speed Traps in Cork

Been seeing a lot of these dotted around the city past few days, sneaky little one on Penrose Wharf yesterday.
Are these the same as GATSO van's in that they will catch anyone over the limit or are they only concerned with people substantially breaking the speed (according to some lad in work)?

Hard to tell where is 50 and where is 60 in some spots in the city.

Been seeing a lot of these dotted around the city past few days, sneaky little one on Penrose Wharf yesterday.
Are these the same as GATSO van's in that they will catch anyone over the limit or are they only concerned with people substantially breaking the speed (according to some lad in work)?

Hard to tell where is 50 and where is 60 in some spots in the city.

Fellas with a handheld one have to stop you

The gatsos just arrive in the post

Oh I had assumed they could send it to you in the post.....few fellas doing 20+ over the limit yesterday around me so wonder why they didn't pull. Some people really fly down that quay to be fair.
Cheers for clarifying

Oh I had assumed they could send it to you in the post.....few fellas doing 20+ over the limit yesterday around me so wonder why they didn't pull. Some people really fly down that quay to be fair.
Cheers for clarifying

I was late for a match in Dublin one day and passed a fella with a handheld well over the limit so I had to do some research. They def have to stop you

Pontipine (I think) had a thread querying the speed limit on Penrose Quay and I checked it out and posted. Can't remember what it was though tbh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼