Speed Traps in Cork

Just change one digit on your number plate.

Works for m50 toll as well.

heheh

De Brother didn't realise for about three years that his cars number plate was in fact that of a suzuki 80cc bike . Previous owners had altered a digit and and it never got copped . until we were getting the ferry in the car .

Yerman at theferry port musta been convinced we were going to collect a shipment or something .

Last on the ferry and all over it !

Just change one digit on your number plate.

Works for m50 toll as well.

Easier to obey the speed limit as I know to my cost. If you don't break the law then you shouldn't have to think of ways of getting away with it. Thats typical of this country from the very top to the bottom everyone is trying to get away with something

I did make every effort to try to plead ignorance to the Guard to save myself €80 and 2 penalty points but in fairness I was doing 75 in 50 so I had no arguement and to give him credit he was a decent fella just doing his job. As he said to me if it was busier with traffic I probaly wouldn't have reached 75
I take any fines on the chin. there are few enough traps anyway. the last time the female guard was apologising for the fine but I was grand out about it. 70 or so in a 50 was a fair cop.

heheh

De Brother didn't realise for about three years that his cars number plate was in fact that of a suzuki 80cc bike . Previous owners had altered a digit and and it never got copped . until we were getting the ferry in the car .

Yerman at theferry port musta been convinced we were going to collect a shipment or something .

Last on the ferry and all over it !

de brudder is a hard case wally!

I take any fines on the chin. there are few enough traps anyway. the last time the female guard was apologising for the fine but I was grand out about it. 70 or so in a 50 was a fair cop.

I agree, the Guards have been shown to be more lenient that the private go safe crowd. My buddy a Guard said they used allow up 20km's over the limit in some 80 spots, whereas the private crowd will give you the fine for about 5 to 10 over the limit

I agree, the Guards have been shown to be more lenient that the private go safe crowd. My buddy a Guard said they used allow up 20km's over the limit in some 80 spots, whereas the private crowd will give you the fine for about 5 to 10 over the limit

anything over the limit for the gatso and you will be fined. guards usually give you a margin of error (maybe 10%)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Talisk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

23rd Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼