Sore knee..any suggestions?

Sciatic pain will not affect the knee in the way you've described, its too localised. Make sure to ice it when its sore and take some anti-inflammatories, heat should not be applied when painful as it exacerbates the inflammation. DO NOT CONTINUE TO EXERCISE, that will make it worse. In the morning rather than a full warm up (which could cause mechanical irritation) use a heat pack, the idea is to release the muscle fibres at a cellular level so heat pack will do the same job as exercise without the risk of mechanical injury. DO NOT USE DEEP HEAT, its a waste of time designed to trigger heat receptors to mask the pain, it does not heat anything.

This is all theory without a physical examination do go get it checked out, especially considering the physical nature of your job. You may have some capsule damage which would need someone to physically assess. If you leave it, it will get worse

I hope this helps

I preferred you telling me to man up ;p

I can't use deep heat anyways it aggravates my skin..is it the same for tiger balm gel?

Have heaps of anti-inflams but in fairness it hasn't swelled up too much at any point.

No heat when in pain...heat in mornings...no exercise!! Aye aye captain :)

I preferred you telling me to man up ;p

I can't use deep heat anyways it aggravates my skin..is it the same for tiger balm gel?

Have heaps of anti-inflams but in fairness it hasn't swelled up too much at any point.

No heat when in pain...heat in mornings...no exercise!! Aye aye captain :)

Just because there's no obvious inflammation doesn't mean there isn't any. Even slight inflammation can cause tightly packed bodies rub against each other and make things worse, especially if its obscured by the patella

1 other thing....my muscles were as tight as fuck from the pain last year..did a treatment called--Deep Dry Needling.

It involves releasing the muscle knot with acupuncture needles..no pain in the treatment itself,hurts the next day alright but after that you are flying
it.

Sounds like what I had. After a few sessions of physio involving massage and stretching he suggested acupuncture. The problem was with my interpattellal fatpad (?) and like you said it hurt a bit the day after the treatment.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to alternative therapies - reiki, homeopathy, that kinda stuff - but, whatever witchdoctory shit is going on, acupuncture works.

Sounds like what I had. After a few sessions of physio involving massage and stretching he suggested acupuncture. The problem was with my interpattellal fatpad (?) and like you said it hurt a bit the day after the treatment.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to alternative therapies - reiki, homeopathy, that kinda stuff - but, whatever witchdoctory shit is going on, acupuncture works.
Acupuncture has some science behind it, nothing foolproof yet, but enough to have it considered a viable treatment, the rest is just a load of bollocks.

I'll try ice the shit out of mine tonight and see if it helps.

Also, might try the acupuncture for my back ( It's been killing me for as long as I can remember ). Knots the size of fists all over, also a lot of neck pain. ( Years of abuse and nothing done about it ever on my part... )

@ MsGod, right knee aswell? SNAP!

Good thread - Theoretical Rep as it gave me some answers aswell. Only got sciatica once thank god and that was YEARS ago.

I'll try ice the shit out of mine tonight and see if it helps.

Also, might try the acupuncture for my back ( It's been killing me for as long as I can remember ). Knots the size of fists all over, also a lot of neck pain. ( Years of abuse and nothing done about it ever on my part... )

@ MsGod, right knee aswell? SNAP!

Good thread - Theoretical Rep as it gave me some answers aswell. Only got sciatica once thank god and that was YEARS ago.

Might be worth your while going to a physio for deep massage first, then combine with the acupunture. I think the effectiveness is in the combination of both rather than one or the other.

Might be worth your while going to a physio for deep massage first, then combine with the acupunture. I think the effectiveness is in the combination of both rather than one or the other.

I best get saving Goz. I'll look into that!! Cheers dude. If the combo works there's an Arthurs with your name on it some night! :p

I best get saving Goz. I'll look into that!! Cheers dude. If the combo works there's an Arthurs with your name on it some night! :p

Lol sound.

Shop around on the physio thing. €50 a session is what I paid, 4 sessions in all over 3 weeks. Pricey, but at least I didn't blow it on gatt.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼