Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Leo isn’t head of state.
That would be Michael D Higgins.
Put the commander in chief of the Parachute Regiment HRH King Charles on the ballot paper for the next presidential election and see how he gets on.
The useless self admitted tampon.
That would be Colonel in chief, seeing as you are being your usual pedantic boring self.

Except this is a hot button political issue.

I don't want to offer the north an "alternative." I don't want to prepare for some situation that might never happen. I don't want to be saying, "We're ready and waiting for you." Because as you've steadfastly refused to respond to it's not our choice. It's not even a significant issue at the moment.

There are some trying to make it into an issue and I'm sure they could run on an international platform in various elections if they were really dedicated to it, but even they're not that stupid. A United Ireland is hypothetical. We gave up our claims to such decades ago. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

I'll wait from some signs from my northern siblings that are beyond political maneuvring in national elections before I start redrawing borders on an international level. And certainly so before I, someone in Cork, decides to tell someone in the six counties what we have to offer like a fucking telemarketer.

What are you on about? I've already responded to it, it IS our choice to prepare for it.

It's not our choice to select when it happens but it was our choice and we availed of it, to get it written in that it would happen. And once it does happen it'll be reviewed every seven years I think. So rather than giving up A2 and A3 and then sticking our heads in the sand, I and thousands like me including people from across the political spectrum here, including Fine Gael elected representatives, are saying prepare for the inevitable BP, rather than procrastinate, sitting on yer hands, thinking it can all be done and dusted in some six month window whenever it happens. It can if you want a Brexit kind of vote. But if you want a fully informed electorate who recognise all of the pros and cons, then now is the time to begin the preparations for a BP that's still years hence.

As for a UI being hypothetical, the reason we gave up A2 and A3 was as a quid pro quo on a Border Poll. You know it. I know. Everyone knows it. Giving away concessions while not bothering about the concessions gained in return is a rather silly way to conduct negotiations if you don't mind my saying so.

And if you don't think the fact that for the first time in the history of that statelet there hasn't been a Unionist majority is not "some sign" then I think you need to recalibrate your political antennae.

One of Mary Lou McDonald’s oldest political allies has posted a cryptic Facebook message criticising people for pulling up the ladder behind them when they become successful.

Sinn Féin Councillor Janice Boylan said she is preparing to make an announcement in the coming days in which she will reveal the “truth” of her “experience, facts and lived truths”.

Ms Boylan has been regularly tipped as an obvious candidate to be Ms McDonald’s running mate in the next general election.
However, there is speculation within Sinn Féin circles that she may no longer be selected to run alongside her party leader.

Sinn Féin confirmed they are seeking to contact Ms Boylan to discuss the message she posted on her private Facebook page.

In a post on her private Facebook page, Ms Boylan said if she had advice for anyone it would be to “know your worth, stay in circles that respect and support you, don’t stay anywhere you don’t feel supported or valued”.

She also urged her followers to “not dull your light because others get blinded easily”, adding: “Shine bright and guide others to shine their lights too”.

“Remember this…. If you make it to the top, don’t draw the ladder up once you’ve done so build steps to make it easier for others to follow,” she said in the online post.

Ms Boylan has been a Dublin City councillor since 2014 and survived the Sinn Féin slump in 2019 local elections.

Ms McDonald is expected to run alongside at least one other candidate in her Dublin Central constituency due to the Sinn Fein’s high support in opinion polls.

The councillor said she sometimes has a lot to say but felt the need to “go quiet” until she found the “right words”.

“It’s part of who I have grown to be and I am proud that I can control how I react to things these days.

“Finding the right words can be difficult because of our emotions, or egos and how the situation has made us feel,” she said.

“Finding the right words doesn’t only mean thinking about what you want to say but figuring out how you’ll say it, what you’ll say and what you won’t say too.

“It’s a process and it can take a while. I like to think I am capable of digesting or dissecting the information first before I make my move,” she added.

Ms Boylan said someone told her a long time ago to “play the long grass game”.

“That has stuck with me to this day. I’m still not fully ready to speak my truths but they are coming, there will be a lot of changes too,” she said.

Ms Boylan did not respond to requests for comment.

The councillor said she sometimes has a lot to say but felt the need to “go quiet” until she found the “right words”.

“It’s part of who I have grown to be and I am proud that I can control how I react to things these days.

“Finding the right words can be difficult because of our emotions, or egos and how the situation has made us feel,” she said.

“Finding the right words doesn’t only mean thinking about what you want to say but figuring out how you’ll say it, what you’ll say and what you won’t say too.

“It’s a process and it can take a while. I like to think I am capable of digesting or dissecting the information first before I make my move,” she added.

“That has stuck with me to this day. I’m still not fully ready to speak my truths but they are coming, there will be a lot of changes too,” she said.
These are like the lyric's to a crap song by Aslan.

Sounds like that she needs some post S.F. membership de-briefing/counselling, up her security and get a new baseball bat.

One of Mary Lou McDonald’s oldest political allies has posted a cryptic Facebook message criticising people for pulling up the ladder behind them when they become successful.

Sinn Féin Councillor Janice Boylan said she is preparing to make an announcement in the coming days in which she will reveal the “truth” of her “experience, facts and lived truths”.

Ms Boylan has been regularly tipped as an obvious candidate to be Ms McDonald’s running mate in the next general election.
However, there is speculation within Sinn Féin circles that she may no longer be selected to run alongside her party leader.

Sinn Féin confirmed they are seeking to contact Ms Boylan to discuss the message she posted on her private Facebook page.

In a post on her private Facebook page, Ms Boylan said if she had advice for anyone it would be to “know your worth, stay in circles that respect and support you, don’t stay anywhere you don’t feel supported or valued”.

She also urged her followers to “not dull your light because others get blinded easily”, adding: “Shine bright and guide others to shine their lights too”.

“Remember this…. If you make it to the top, don’t draw the ladder up once you’ve done so build steps to make it easier for others to follow,” she said in the online post.

Ms Boylan has been a Dublin City councillor since 2014 and survived the Sinn Féin slump in 2019 local elections.

Ms McDonald is expected to run alongside at least one other candidate in her Dublin Central constituency due to the Sinn Fein’s high support in opinion polls.

Ms Boylan did not respond to requests for comment.

Jesus they really attract cretins in Sf don't they? She sounds like a self help expert in bad need of self help.

"I'm proud of my ability to stay quiet etc" era fuck off. Another SF intellectual great. ML could do without this though coming so soon after admissions of being funded by murdering drug gangs. More could come out now from this peach. Like Dowdall doing the electrics on her travelator in the Cabra mansion for free, etc.

Jesus they really attract cretins in Sf don't they? She sounds like a self help expert in bad need of self help.

"I'm proud of my ability to stay quiet etc" era fuck off. Another SF intellectual great. ML could do without this though coming so soon after admissions of being funded by murdering drug gangs. More could come out now from this peach. Like Dowdall doing the electrics on her travelator in the Cabra mansion for free, etc.
She had a 1916 themed wedding this year, LouLou read a poem and she went on the radio saying she has no fears about walking around Dublin at night.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼