Pubs reopening June 29th

Soundy just on a point of order ,to be the oldest bar in the city you would have to actually be within the old city walls ,and probably the north main /sourh main axis , I spent a lot of time in the gateway as a child ,paddy the gateway as he was know was a legend of a man , It was he who pointed it out , Lucky bags ,Joyce’s sweets ,pints of celebration and the gold ring on the major

Last edited:
Soundy just on a point of order ,to be the oldest bar in the city you would have to actually be within the old city walls ,and not the north main /sourh main axis , I spent a lot of time in the gateway as a child ,paddy the gateway as he was know was a legend of a man , It was he who pointed it out , Lucky bags ,Joyce’s sweets ,pints of celebration and the gold ring on the major
😉
The mayor had a very valuable arse.

What about sibín's any evidence of them operating before the likes of Seán's and The Gateway?
The story behind Sean's is that when they were doing a bit of digging for a beer garden, they found beer tokens that they dated back to 900 AD..

That's 1124 years, I don't think there were any licensing laws so to speak, but the tokens entitled the bearer to a pint of beer

And, so it continues.. FFS ...

I wonder about Heineken. I reckon that people are more flexible with their drinking preferences when it comes to lager. If I was a heino drinker and it became too expensive, there are various other lagers I could switch to.

However the three stouts are so distinctive in taste that I'd say people are less willing to mix things up. Beamish is 60c cheaper than Guinness in my local but I drink Guinness as it's my drink. I wouldn't think people are as loyal to lagers but I could be wrong.

Either way just another reminder to support local businesses. Original 7 brewing company on the North Mall in the Franciscan Quarter recently announced that they won't be increasing their prices.

I wonder about Heineken. I reckon that people are more flexible with their drinking preferences when it comes to lager. If I was a heino drinker and it became too expensive, there are various other lagers I could switch to.

However the three stouts are so distinctive in taste that I'd say people are less willing to mix things up. Beamish is 60c cheaper than Guinness in my local but I drink Guinness as it's my drink. I wouldn't think people are as loyal to lagers but I could be wrong.

Either way just another reminder to support local businesses. Original 7 brewing company on the North Mall in the Franciscan Quarter recently announced that they won't be increasing their prices.
I always thought to myself, if the one big brewery puts up the prices, wouldn't it be a smart move from the other brewery not to raise the price?
That way the second brewery may get a bit more business from being cheaper.

On the other hand, just pure fuckin greed, and gouging is all the rage these days.

How much money do these benders need to make like? It's not as if they are going out of business..

I always thought to myself, if the one big brewery puts up the prices, wouldn't it be a smart move from the other brewery not to raise the price?
That way the second brewery may get a bit more business from being cheaper.

On the other hand, just pure fuckin greed, and gouging is all the rage these days.

How much money do these benders need to make like? It's not as if they are going out of business..
Do you want people to make a living wage? Both in the brewery and the pub?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Undertones
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼