Pubs reopening June 29th

I actually saw the Original 7 collaboration on Facebook, is that Nirvana inspired?

Great to see them doing beers for local pubs. The Shelbourne Bar up in the VQ had one as well, and they might even still have it.

Thanks for the warm invitation, I won't be having a Beamish as I don't drink third world stouts, but a pint of Nevermind might be nice.
It's sort of a nod to the bars old punk and grunge era, a mash up of the Sex Pistols, Never Mind The Bollocks and Nirvanas Nevermind

We also have a cocktail called The Flagon a nod to when Mick used to sell flagons of cider behind the bar

No bother with the Beamish 😂, but that Nevermind is on for you 😊

Connollys of Leap posted the below earlier.

If a pub serves just pizza, is their entire revenue eligible for the 9% VAT rate should it return, or just the revenue made from their food?

The Connolly family has owned @connollysofleap pub since the early 1950s in rural West Cork. Now in its third generation, I, Sam, reopened the venue in 2014.

We write with heavy hearts, burdened by the challenges of running a small business in rural Ireland. Our establishment is more than just a business; it’s a vital part of local employment, a haven for artists, and a symbol of resilience.

Over the years, we’ve seen the pulse of community, music, and livelihoods flow through our doors. Despite our efforts to provide employment and foster talent, the weight of high VAT ratesand rising costs threatens our survival. Each day, we navigate through financial obstacles, striving to keep our doors open and dreams alive. The recent surge in VAT rates has exacerbated our struggle, tightening the noose around our necks.

We urge you to join us in advocating for fairness and sustainability.please follow and support the @vat9.now page Lowering the VAT rate to 9% goes beyond financial figures; it’s about preserving the essence of rural Ireland, protecting livelihoods, and nurturing the aspirations of future generations.

#vat9 #smallbusiness
#ireland #vat9now

Soundy just on a point of order ,to be the oldest bar in the city you would have to actually be within the old city walls ,and probably the north main /sourh main axis , I spent a lot of time in the gateway as a child ,paddy the gateway as he was know was a legend of a man , It was he who pointed it out , Lucky bags ,Joyce’s sweets ,pints of celebration and the gold ring on the major

Good point Benny, should have said oldest pub in the city still in operation - which I'm 99.9% sure The Gateway is.

You're after getting MOE and jimmy all excited about those cigarettes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼