Opinions??

IF you are genuinely considering all of the above cars I'd say forget the BMW and the mini. The beemer is way down on power compared to the others. The mini is probably a great little car, but when compared to the S2000 there is no contest IMO. I think you can get a hardtop cover for the s2000. making it (relativelty) practical during the cold months. It has one of the highest output 2.0 naturally aspirated engines on the market and would be a screamer to drive. They also have a rarity value in Ireland which is something that would sway me a litte. Its good to be different when it comes to cars! Failing that the S3 is still a class car. Very tunable too (as is the honda) if you wish to go down that route. Just test drive all of the cars you have on your wish list, a quick spin in one may change your mind very fast!

CommanderCian said:
IF you are genuinely considering all of the above cars I'd say forget the BMW and the mini. The beemer is way down on power compared to the others. The mini is probably a great little car, but when compared to the S2000 there is no contest IMO. I think you can get a hardtop cover for the s2000. making it (relativelty) practical during the cold months. It has one of the highest output 2.0 naturally aspirated engines on the market and would be a screamer to drive. They also have a rarity value in Ireland which is something that would sway me a litte. Its good to be different when it comes to cars! Failing that the S3 is still a class car. Very tunable too (as is the honda) if you wish to go down that route. Just test drive all of the cars you have on your wish list, a quick spin in one may change your mind very fast!

The S3 yes, not the S2000 though.

Like the Integra type R, you'll get fuck all extra power out of them (like all N/A cars really) unless you fit a turbo or supercharger, which is a waste of money. No bother with the S3 though being a turbo. De cat, filter, chip, up the boost and bigger turbo and you'd see a nice power increase.

To very different cars to drive too. You have to rev the shit out of the S2000to get any enjoyment out of it, where as with the S3 turbo 'tis all power in the lower rev range. I find with or roads, speed limits etc, you'll find the turbo more enjoyable to drive. Not too many road where you'll get the chance to rev the fuck out of the S2000 like. Every road is fun to drive on with a turbo, only main 100km/h roads will you get a buzz from the Honda.

What about the RS200 turbo?

You'll pay up and around 24k for a 98-99 which is bullshit, but still, a nice fast car and doesnt look boy racer like.

maggot said:
The S3 yes, not the S2000 though.

Like the Integra type R, you'll get fuck all extra power out of them (like all N/A cars really) unless you fit a turbo or supercharger, which is a waste of money. No bother with the S3 though being a turbo. De cat, filter, chip, up the boost and bigger turbo and you'd see a nice power increase.

To very different cars to drive too. You have to rev the shit out of the S2000to get any enjoyment out of it, where as with the S3 turbo 'tis all power in the lower rev range. I find with or roads, speed limits etc, you'll find the turbo more enjoyable to drive. Not too many road where you'll get the chance to rev the fuck out of the S2000 like. Every road is fun to drive on with a turbo, only main 100km/h roads will you get a buzz from the Honda. As for the RS200 im not going to his funeral plus could anyone afford to run it or service it?

What about the RS200 turbo?

You'll pay up and around 24k for a 98-99 which is bullshit, but still, a nice fast car and doesnt look boy racer like.

totally agree, it costs big money to get any extra power out of the more revy cars ITRs can however be tuned cheaply largely down to the large amuonts produced and the fact that v-tec kicks in at 6000 as apposed to 4k for vvti. C-one are one of the few companies i found that will make products to tune already highly strung motors

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼