Opinions??

Hang_Sandwich said:
they are still gay no matter what and for the price they aren't actually that great there are other tuning crowds that can make it produce more power and give it better handling for far cheaper. And i still wouldn't want a mini. I mentioned the pug 106 gti as a cheaper and better alternative to the mini cooper cause it is - i wouldn't want one myself though
Yeah but the JC works is the only one that maintains the BMW warranty. I suppose it's just a difference of opinion, you're more the performance focused type while I like a good bit of badge and image as well.

Well lads thanks for the opinions.
To Hang, drive a cooper S down a back road and tell me its gay. I'm a bit like you as well where it comes to performance but I'm also looking for something that won't depreciate much over the next 2 years, and that I won't look like a boyracer in. I've more or less forgotten about the mini now and am verging on the S3, but have had my head turned by a Honda s2000 for a reasonable price, a fine car, so back to square one with the procrastinating for me!

stevetharlear said:
To Hang, drive a cooper S down a back road and tell me its gay. I'm a bit like you as well where it comes to performance but I'm also looking for something that won't depreciate much over the next 2 years, and that I won't look like a boyracer in. I've more or less forgotten about the mini now and am verging on the S3, but have had my head turned by a Honda s2000 for a reasonable price, a fine car, so back to square one with the procrastinating for me!
Buy the mini quick before they fuck it up with the new one soon. I

stevetharlear said:

they are gay they aren't that quick and they are overpriced a pug 106 gti would kill it.

now you have quandry over the s2000 is it hartop or softop? personally it depends i'd feel like a bit of a prick in a convertable anyway but it is quicker than the S3 in fact around a track an s2000 is up there with 350z's and and hold its own with M3's aswell - pretty mean feat considering it fwd and way down on power.

Hang_Sandwich said:
they are gay they aren't that quick and they are overpriced a pug 106 gti would kill it.

now you have quandry over the s2000 is it hartop or softop? personally it depends i'd feel like a bit of a prick in a convertable anyway but it is quicker than the S3 in fact around a track an s2000 is up there with 350z's and and hold its own with M3's aswell - pretty mean feat considering it fwd and way down on power.
Is it FWD??? Always assumed it was RWD. It revs too 8500rpm or somewhere around that though. Grand with a V8 or a flat six but dunno about a 4-pot. If it's FWD I don't think it'd be worth it.

its rwd and revs to 9000rpm. audi s3 best out that bunch by far, s2000 would be nicer if you can afford to loose the practicality

northsidescumbag said:
Is it FWD??? Always assumed it was RWD. It revs too 8500rpm or somewhere around that though. Grand with a V8 or a flat six but dunno about a 4-pot. If it's FWD I don't think it'd be worth it.

sorry got excited its rwd.

Hang_Sandwich said:
S2000 has a big enough boot, the only practiciality you lose is the rear seats
Something which I doubt bothers them if they were considering a mini. I suppose the S2000 would be the best choice but before you buy I'd suggest taking it for a decent drive and get the revs as high as you can to see if you wouldn't mind the noise.

stevetharlear said:
You're spot on there, Mini Cooper is an excellent car, great handling. Forget BMW's, driven by knob-heads who have delusions of grandure. I have an FTO, it's not the best, but for the price I paid, best value car I've had for years. Will be changing it next year, I faced the same problem as yourself, there are so many good cars out there. In the end I decided to postpone from Christmas to Easter, save extra pennies so I can get a Lotus Elise, I wank over a featured copy of TopGear every evening...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Underground Loft

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼