Offie Closure Recommendation

My alcohol purchasing habits are very different in supermarkets v off licences. If I ever want to buy a load of drink I go to an offie, because everyone else is doing it and I don't feel judged.

But in a supermarket I'd only ever buy a few bottles of craft beer and put them through with the rest of my groceries. Always the risk that you'll bump into a work colleague or an old teacher in Super Valu, so you don't want them to see your trolly full of cans. If you meet in an offie though, you're there for the same reason and it's all good.
What a load of bollox.
If they close the offies youd probably set up a tent outside the supermarket so you're nearer the supply.

I'd fear for people who are burdened by alcohol and go to the same offie everyday. if they had to change pace and look elsewhere, there would be some very unusual outcomes.

I'd fear for people who are burdened by alcohol and go to the same offie everyday. if they had to change pace and look elsewhere, there would be some very unusual outcomes.
Its an absolute pointless measure though unless they close them in supermarkets/shops as well.

It's too late now anyway. If it was going to be done then it would have happened when they were defining essential retail. They're not going to turn around now and ban offies at this stage because some miserable prick in trinners doesn't like people having fun.

What a load of bollox.
If they close the offies youd probably set up a tent outside the supermarket so you're nearer the supply.

Skittin!

Closing the pubs was bad enough. They wont do this... if they do, they will probably have to ban alcohol from Ireland completely and tobacco with it. Inspectors calling to doors... we have a warrant to search the premises for any alcohol.

Is this all a conspiracy to clean up the world?

My alcohol purchasing habits are very different in supermarkets v off licences. If I ever want to buy a load of drink I go to an offie, because everyone else is doing it and I don't feel judged.

But in a supermarket I'd only ever buy a few bottles of craft beer and put them through with the rest of my groceries. Always the risk that you'll bump into a work colleague or an old teacher in Super Valu, so you don't want them to see your trolly full of cans. If you meet in an offie though, you're there for the same reason and it's all good.

Moe, have you ever thought that maybe you are in denial about your drinking?

Hiding and ducking people to buy a few scoops is not a good sign at all.

Its all good though hey?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼