Offie Closure Recommendation

I say keep them open, shutting them would cause more hassle imho.

Most people are being sensible with tippling at home and those that are not will cause hassle either way.

Closing them will put huge strain on the super markets, increasing times waiting to be served... lads hoarding slabs of beer and injuring themselves balancing em on the trolley to the car... Stupid idea. The off licences have never been busier and they're making a killing.

Would domestic abuse rise or fall if the offies were closed?

At the moment fellas can have a few cans in garden if he has a falling out with the wife, but what happens if there's an argument and there's nowhere for yer man to go?

Also you'd swear it was only men that drink excessively. It's all giggles when it's wine o'clock and the gurlies are sending snapchats of gin glasses the size of their heads

Would domestic abuse rise or fall if the offies were closed?

At the moment fellas can have a few cans in garden if he has a falling out with the wife, but what happens if there's an argument and there's nowhere for yer man to go?

Also you'd swear it was only men that drink excessively. It's all giggles when it's wine o'clock and the gurlies are sending snapchats of gin glasses the size of their heads

Great post, pj had a fella on yesterday who claimed the more drink consumed the better as fellas will be too drunk to beat wives and girlfriends and kids, he never once mentioned female abusers, as you say men who drink cans at home are seen by some as wasters but women who down glasses of wine are gas,

Great post,pj had a fella on yesterday who claimed the more drink consumed the better as fellas will be too drunk to beat wives and girlfriends and kids, he never once mentioned female abusers, as you say men who drink cans at home are seen by some as wasters but women who down glasses of wine are gas,

Skitten here........

So off licences everywhere including those in supermarkets?

My alcohol purchasing habits are very different in supermarkets v off licences. If I ever want to buy a load of drink I go to an offie, because everyone else is doing it and I don't feel judged.

But in a supermarket I'd only ever buy a few bottles of craft beer and put them through with the rest of my groceries. Always the risk that you'll bump into a work colleague or an old teacher in Super Valu, so you don't want them to see your trolly full of cans. If you meet in an offie though, you're there for the same reason and it's all good.

Ban EVERYTHING. The virus thrives on fun. People need to realise this. Kill all fun = kill the virus.
Please share this as much as you can and you will save lives.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼