Official Cycling Thread

Holy shit. I just watched the highlights of the win yesterday. He could be entering a whole different phase of his career, where he does a Tom Boonen and becomes a classics-like rider. The finish was from a select bunch and he just rode them off his wheel, rather than sprinting for the line. I remember him saying a few years back that his physiological profile was more classics than sprinter and I've been waiting to see if he'd go that route ever since.

Holy shit. I just watched the highlights of the win yesterday. He could be entering a whole different phase of his career, where he does a Tom Boonen and becomes a classics-like rider. The finish was from a select bunch and he just rode them off his wheel, rather than sprinting for the line. I remember him saying a few years back that his physiological profile was more classics than sprinter and I've been waiting to see if he'd go that route ever since.
Up to injury the year after the maillot vert, he was moving that way, playing a very prominent role in the Belgian monuments that spring. Then injury , hassle and three years of shite. Great to see him driving it on again.

Hopefully he does the Dauphiné - there’s fierce climbing there and we’ll see what shape he’s in

Up to injury the year after the maillot vert, he was moving that way, playing a very prominent role in the Belgian monuments that spring. Then injury , hassle and three years of shite. Great to see him driving it on again.

Hopefully he does the Dauphiné - there’s fierce climbing there and we’ll see what shape he’s in
100% agree there.

He's just won the final stage of Dunkirk, that's 4 out of the 6 stages. Ackermann and Degenkolb both in race.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼