Official Cycling Thread

Podge delivers a big performance at the Strade Bianche

When someone just rides away from you like that, it's a race for second.

On another note, I've cycled into Siena on that route. Went on a cycling tour of Tuscany with herself before we got married. Loved it. One of the best meals of my life was a huge slice of takeaway pizza, and a bottle of Montalcino, sitting in the main piazza in Siena.

Reminder Paris Roubaix is today.

I only watched the Ronde last week on replay. Van der Poel looked like the bloody T1000 on the Kopperberg

It's kinda getting to "unbelievable" levels again lads. I mean, these 4 or 5 fellas, Jonas, MvdP, Poge, The Belgian Pitbull, say Roglic..... These are fantastic athletes but the performances the last two or three years would have you scratching your head. Motors? PEDs? A mixture of the two?

It's kinda getting to "unbelievable" levels again lads. I mean, these 4 or 5 fellas, Jonas, MvdP, Poge, The Belgian Pitbull, say Roglic..... These are fantastic athletes but the performances the last two or three years would have you scratching your head. Motors? PEDs? A mixture of
I'm prepared to believe some of the performance improvements are due to more scientific training, preparation and nutrition - I've been reading that an hourly intake of more than 100g of easily-absorbed carbohydrates is typical now, unheard of in the past.
But it's all heading for the land of the scarcely believable.

Today was vdP's 5th day on the road this year, including Flanders last week. Headed off like a steam train both weeks.
I suppose he did do a rake of cyclocross though.

I'm prepared to believe some of the performance improvements are due to more scientific training, preparation and nutrition - I've been reading that an hourly intake of more than 100g of easily-absorbed carbohydrates is typical now, unheard of in the past.

Today was vdP's 5th day on the road this year, including Flanders last week. Headed off like a steam train both weeks.
We're definitely in 'pas normal' territory again

That's the thing its so hard to determine what is what nowadays.

I find.the prospect of Motors beyond depressing. How could a fella even convince himself he was the best version of a human on a bike of he has a fuckin motorbike.

The 100g of carb has been revolutionary, its definetly had a big impact on the fast marathons and quicker ironman events over the last few years, Maurten are micoencapsulating a carb mix to make it tolerable.

Also use of Bicarbonate to buffer the effect of lactate. its been known for years but would give fellas the shits. no longer with the modified release.

Podge's coach has been quoted as saying the bicarb is a load of shit, Although AFAIK every middle distance medalist in the atheltics worlds at budapest was on Maurten Bicarb and its been in use at Jumbo Visma for at least 3 years..

They may have all taken sweet spot training with power meters to a new level but i agree it all feels like smoke and mirrors

Even the commentators are making excuses for ridiculous performances since Covid.

its correct Van der Poeldid do a load of cyclocross but significantly less than previus years. Him Pidcock and Wout all copped a fair bit of shit for bypassing about half the world cup events. They didn't start till Jan and when they did turn up they made the top guys like Eserbet and Ronhaar look like boys in short pants

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼