O cadhla

At the end of the 19th century living at or below subsistence level????? Are you really trying to equate that to a million people in what was the UK actually dying of starvation???

To put your ludicrous attempted parallel in context 1 in 6 in Ireland today are living below the poverty line. I don't think there are hundreds of thousands of people here dying of starvation in the last three years, there weren't even thousands of people dying of starvation were there?
Most oppressed people ever yet again?

You claimed that there was no deprivation on our neighbouring island and you were called out on it.

1655723682910.png

The poor laws and the workhouses disagree with you.

Gustav de Beaumont after traveling in Ireland in the 1830s (before things took a turn for the worst a few years later)
"I have seen the Indian in his forests and the negro in his chains, and thought, as I contemplated their pitiable condition, that I saw the very extreme of human wretchedness; but I did not then know the condition of unfortunate Ireland.’
Sounds a bit sh*t even for those times no?

Most oppressed people ever yet again?

You claimed that there was no deprivation on our neighbouring island and you were called out on it.

View attachment 12892

The poor laws and the workhouses disagree with you.

You are telling lies again Stacey. I didn't say there was no deprivation on our neighbouring island, I spoke of a million people dying of starvation during the famine in Ireland when food was being shipped from Ireland to the neighbouring island of the UK (at the time) and said there was no such deprivation.

If you can bear to see the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.....

See below for the actual quote:
"They mark the part of our heritage when we were a nation subjugated by another through force of arms. Victoria in particular oversaw an era when, though we were supposedly part of a "United" Kingdom, where food was shipped away from an area where starvation was rife and nearly a million starved to death, over to the neighbouring island where no such deprivation existed. I suspect there aren't many nations honour the foreigners who oppressed them by force of arms. Touch of the Stockholm Syndrome I guess."

O'Caodhla struck a blow against the long dead queen with his brush and paint.

And now the Victorian era architecture of MacCurtain Street is vanquished forever.

Diarmuid's selfless activism resonated with the electorate so much that totalled some 400 odd votes.

Had he maybe not engaged in such crackpot dramatics then he could have stayed on the council.

You are telling lies again Stacey. I didn't say there was no deprivation on our neighbouring island, I spoke of a million people dying of starvation during the famine in Ireland when food was being shipped from Ireland to the neighbouring island of the UK (at the time) and said there was no such deprivation.

If you can bear to see the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.....

See below for the actual quote:
"They mark the part of our heritage when we were a nation subjugated by another through force of arms. Victoria in particular oversaw an era when, though we were supposedly part of a "United" Kingdom, where food was shipped away from an area where starvation was rife and nearly a million starved to death, over to the neighbouring island where no such deprivation existed. I suspect there aren't many nations honour the foreigners who oppressed them by force of arms. Touch of the Stockholm Syndrome I guess."
"I am still being oppressed by Queen Victoria"...........................
1655726935605.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼