Northern Ireland Elections 2017

EU doing some sabre rattling of its own. Truss would want to be careful.

More immediately - there was nothing in the Queen's Speech to do with the protocol afaik.
There are now just 7 days for SJD to make up his mind on WM or Stormont.
Liz would want to get her skates on.

With the EU removing the restrictions on medicines under the Protocol that's another big objection to it out of the way I think. Certainly it still needs tweaking but most people in the north realize that the Protocol is there to try to make the best of a bad lot that is the Brexit mess - despite the lies that the DUP get free reign to spout.

EU doing some sabre rattling of its own. Truss would want to be careful.

More immediately - there was nothing in the Queen's Speech to do with the protocol afaik.
There are now just 7 days for SJD to make up his mind on WM or Stormont.
Liz would want to get her skates on.

Jeffrey Donaldson will abandon Lagan Valley and stay in Westminster as his political ambitions match his wallets need for cash.

Jeffrey Donaldson will abandon Lagan Valley and stay in Westminster as his political ambitions match his wallets need for cash.

Don't think that will play well at the doors either if DUP insist on digging their heels in and having another MLA election in 6 months time. They're already on their 3rd leader in the last 12 months and even Sir Jeff is unlikely to try go door to door in an MLA election again if he co-opts someone else to represent Lagan Valley. He could step down as leader of the DUP but who'd take over then?

I was talking to one of the guys who was going door to door for Aontu. He absolutely understood why many Aontu voters gave their transfers to the DUP.

He also said that he didn't recognise any of the SFers up at the count. He presented it as a bad thing.... i'm not entirely sure why.

I was talking to one of the guys who was going door to door for Aontu. He absolutely understood why many Aontu voters gave their transfers to the DUP.

He also said that he didn't recognise any of the SFers up at the count. He presented it as a bad thing.... i'm not entirely sure why.
If you are talking Derry id say there was unhappiness among some sf supporters at the shafting of anderson in particular, still a huge success in keeping two.

There was a few of them that weren't at the count, Anderson included but Sandra Duffy was outside our polling station when I was down.

I was also at an event recently where Elisha McCallion was there. Ostensibly representing SF. They have not only done well to keep the 2, but they've done well to keep those who have been disgruntled on board.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼